What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Responsive Website

iDesign

Hey Friends :),

I have a responsive website which was currently set at 1280 x 800 maximum width, having looked at that on bigger screens, such as 1920 x 1200, it appears to have huge gaps on the left and right of the page, as expected due to my maximum width.

So I am planning to set the maximum width to 1920 x 1200 to pretty much cover the biggest screens out there, then it can downscaled to smaller screens. Obviously I would need to create my banners, images etc again to be capable to cover a 1920 screen.

However, having looked at many other websites, they only seem to go upto 1280 x 800, even high street stores.. Which has got me thinking, am I doing the right thing here? What's the REAL way to go about screen size...

I thought you can't go wrong with catering for the biggest screen size, then it can downscale as needed. What's your opinion?

Last edited: