What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Applying hues / tints and so on...

tolousn

Hi everyone,

I've been using photoshop for many years, but I can't find words to even describe what I need.
I'm looking for an action that would create a standard image to something like this:

www.photoshopgurus.com.jpg

What would I even call it, a tint? A flush? Should I remove all colors first then work with a b&w?
Can someone possibly clue me in?

Thanks!
T.

tolousn

Ah, duh. I played with it a bit more and found my answer.
It is Adjustment -> Black & White, check Tint, and you can specify a hex.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
With Photoshop, there are many ways to accomplish effects.

I tried many different techniques with this effect but this one seemed to work the best for me.

You do have to desat the image.
Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 1.37.33 PM.png

Then I added a solid color adjustment layer with the appropriate color......not the same as the example.
Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 1.39.29 PM.png

Then it was as simple as lowering the opacity down to about 80% or lower.
Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 1.38.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 1.46.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 1.38.16 PM.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm also a bit suspicious that this effect may have been done with blending, without the original image it's hard to experiment.

I did get a nice effect when I combined a Hue & Sat adjustment layer with a Gradient Map adjustment layer on the original color image.

Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 1.54.29 PM.png