What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Golden proportion cropping tool in Photoshop -- Golden Crop

goldencrop

goldencroplogo.png

Hi all! I'd like to invite you to visit my project's home page: Golden Crop - the ultimate Photoshop© cropping solution You can find there everything needed to install and use the script (including screencasts).

Screencasts
Installation: YouTube - Golden Crop for Photoshop® -- Installation
Use:

screenShot001.jpg

What is the Golden Crop script?

Golden Crop script designed as an aid for cropping images according to the division rules. The script generates visual guidelines for the Rule of Thirds, Golden Rule and both Diagonal Golden Rules. Some people think, that aligning vital elements with this guidelines creates special visual impact, making the image more interesting.

Who can use it?

Anyone who wants... and have Adobe® Photoshop® CS3 or Adobe® Photoshop® CS4 installed. This script should work both on Windows and Mac version of the software.

Is it free?

Yes, it is! Free as in beer and free as in speech :) This software uses GNU General Public License. But if you run a business or just like the script consider making a donation.

I would be grateful for any contribution, tests, remarks, ideas... :)

goldencrop

New version

Hi all! There's a new version of the script: 0.85 beta. It is now CS2 compatible, I'v added Golden Spirals, the ability to resume crop and choose guidelines.For details (and pictures) go to Golden Crop - the ultimate Photoshop© cropping solution

Direct Dwonload: http://goldencrop.sourceforge.net/download.php
Project Homepage: Golden Crop - the ultimate Photoshop© cropping solution

CHANGELOG, v 0.85 beta
  • It is now CS2 compatible!
  • Ability to continue interrupted crop added. The script finds the 'Golden Crop by SzopeN' group and resumes crop in interactive mode To force adding new 'Golden Crop by SzopeN' group, select the bottommost layer (for example: Background)
  • Golden spirals added
    goldenSpirals.png
  • "Choose guidelines" dialog added. Now you can choose which guidelines would be drawn. Last choice is remembered.
  • The script behaves like a plugin, now resides in File>Automate>Golden Crop (note: in CS2 it is still in File>Scripts menu)
  • It can be recorded in action (though it is still user-interactive, only guidelines choice is saved)
  • [Alt],[key] problem fixed in dialog boxes
  • Minor fix in rotation, detecting portrait/landscape crop
  • Code cleanup and optimization

Last edited:

goldencrop

Hi all! There's a new version of the Golden Crop script available :) Download from Golden Crop for Photoshop - Download Page

What's new?:
  • diagonalRule.png
    New composition method: Diagonal Rule
  • thicknessControl.png
    User customizable line thickness
  • New translation: German
  • Faster layers creation
  • Lines are more visible on a dark background (white stroke added)
  • User-friendly error information is shown when there is no open document

I'd appreciate any feedback!

hankakston

This is a valuable tool. Have used the Golden Mean or Golden Section in my work for 40 years. Nice to have this script in photoshop to check it.

Thanks,

Bob