What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator Help Shading Needed

blahokay1

Help Needed Shading

At the beginning of this year, I started an Ultimate frisbee team at my school. I'm 15 and I really want this club to come together well. I have been working on a logo, but I have recently hit a wall with shading the disc. I feel I really need to emphasize the roundness of the disc.
I've been using Illustrator but since I am not an expert, I've hit a road block.
I am aiming for a very clean stipple or cross-hatching type shade, but I haven't been able to get any fair result so far.
I looked around for any tutorial fitting, but again, came across nothing (that works). The best I found was to create a Film Grain effect, but that didn't look clean enough.
To give you an idea of what I'm going for as far as shading, I've attached an image I found through a Google search. I also attached my paper illustration I'm working with, my Illustrator file, and the isolated disc itself.
I would really appreciate any input. I would like our team's logo to be the best in the state.
P.S. if you are confused on the concept or the TCC in the feathers of the illustration, we have named our team "A Tribe Called Clutch," being a pop culture reference to "A Tribe Called Quest." The Dreamcatcher is there because we are a tribe.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.Mar 7 TCC 2 reduced.pnggears_of_war_stipple_art_by_rachelcroft015-d2zmymj.jpgView attachment TCC Logo - Fix reduced.ai

Attachments

• isolated disc simple.ai
    1 MB · Views: 4

Scracky

Try to duplicate the image, fill it with black and put distortion on, no idea how it looks but im on a fly. Hope it helps

stufflol

Power User
If you compare the file you have linked to the illustration pic you have linked they are way off paths, maybe this will have somthing to do with your shading issue

blahokay1

Yes stufflol, I understand that. While working in Illustrator, I figured the disc looked more correct at the new angle. I'm just looking for a way to cross-hatch or stipple without going in and drawing in hundreds of little lines or dots.

iDad

Guru
I played around with it (hope you don't mind) here's a lower scale with a gradient touch to it, for a bit of color