What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator Rainbow Fill

angelfish723

I need to create a rainbow fill in a particular shape, with the rainbow still in the basic rainbow lined look, like this:

rainbow car.jpg

I don't want a smooth gradient, but actual lines of the rainbow. Is there a way to do that without creating a separate line for each color?

Thanks in advance.
Sam

There are various ways to do it. This is just one way.

With the line tool draw a short line, no fill and let's say 3 pt stroke.

Object-Transform-Move type 3 pt in the vertical box, click Copy. Change the stroke color.

Hit ctrl+d to duplicate and each time change the stroke color until you get all the colors you want. (image 2)

Select all and group, then turn them into an art brush. Throw away the object.

Now you can use it as a brush or a stroke. In this case I used it as a stroke.(image 1)

Attachments

• ScreenShot002.jpg
    ScreenShot002.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 11
  • ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 0
Thank you! I used that information... drew the shape I needed, drew a line with the rainbow brush, and applied a mask of the shape. It worked really well.

Thanks again!

Back