What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator Phtoshop file - make same in Illustrator

oodya

Hello,

I am looking to create a box for product packaging. As a bit of a newbie - I usually use Photoshop and create each side of the box separately i.e. I will firstly design the front of the box (call the file front.psd), then the back (back.psd) etc. I know it is probably a long winded way to do it.

I then copy all the .psd files into one Illustrator file.

However, I have been asked by the people that print that packaging that in order to keep the quality high, it is better for me to design the entire packaging directly on Illustrator.

So here is the slight issue. On Illustrator - I created 4 Black rectangle boxes (one for each side) - but I am not sure how to make a photo transparent so it fits exactly in the 'front' rectangle box. I managed to get this done fairly easily on Photoshop (see attached photo), but I'm not able to do the same on Illustrator.

I know that the opacity option can be used, but I am having problems fitting the image exactly in position and only making this one photo transparent.

illustrator opacity.jpg

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

I understand changing the size to make it fit, but what does transparency have to do with it?

Back