What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My before and after series (8)

which one is before and which one is after I can't tell?

I though so but I couldn't believe it really good can you suggest me some tutorials on youtube on how to learn the technic?

yay this is what I was looking for for a while but there wasn't any good ones around

Its very good the way you got rid of the torn part was really good.
Heres one I did for my inlaws they didnt have any colour photos of their wedding and none on the inside of the church, I had to start with a scanned B&W photo

Attachments

• Photoshopped Coloured picture mum & dad inside church.jpg
    Photoshopped Coloured picture mum & dad inside church.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
  • before scan small.jpg
    before scan small.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Its very good the way you got rid of the torn part was really good.
Heres one I did for my inlaws they didnt have any colour photos of their wedding and none on the inside of the church, I had to start with a scanned B&W photo

You did a good job, but, you need more work on the blending mode, it is clearly noted that this photo is inserted, try to make the lighting, contrast and coloring, keep it up

in my opinion, what makes an inserted image believable are:
1. colour matching
2. edge refining
3. most importantly shadows

if you master these three technics, its extremely hard to tell if a picture is inserted

your refine edge is good work on the other two and it will be prefect

Last edited:
yes i agree getting the insert to not look inserted is something i find hard to do any tips ? shadows i tried to do but again not good at it

don't wory you will get better we all have our strength and weakneses in Photoshop (not that I am strong at inserting pictures) but one tip I can give you for the shadows is to find the source of light and get the angle from there as you can see the lights coming form the window is directly behind the couple so you have to either make them darker or create a flash effect and soften that which are both pretty hard to get right again not that I can get them right either but that is how it will probably be ill give your picture a try

if you want me to do that It would be easier if I had the psd (don't worry I wont abuse it)

Last edited:
Thank you all for comments and thank you Alix! all we need here is to get the benefit of getting experience of each other and give as well, but, as Alix!said I agree with him, thanks again.

Back