What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Sketch to Clean Vector

Renegade

I had a client submit an iPhone shot of a rough sketch that he wanted turned into a logo. When I saw the pic, all I could think was, "challenge accepted!"

raster-to-vector-1.jpg

So, after some heavy-duty cleanup and a bit of manipulation/distortion, I've converted it into spot-color vector artwork for him. It's still a work-in-progress, but he's very pleased with the way it came out.

raster-to-vector-2.jpg

He's especially happy with the fact that his logo is based from his own hand-sketch, instead of some crappy clip art someone else tried to sell him. The first two designers he consulted with said they couldn't work from the pic of his sketch.

I still need to do the text for his company title, plus change a couple colors, but we're about there! Quite a fun little project!

Last edited:

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Good job Renegade. However, anybody that is proficient with vectors could do that in a few minutes, you must have a field day against your competition. I haven't tried it, but I'm guessing at 10-15 minutes to trace it.

Edit: I mean just the vector conversion, not the great job you did on the fill nor the clean up.

Last edited:

Renegade

He was insistent on using HIS artwork. Believe me, after the convo we had, I wasn't gonna mess with redrawing it... it would have been a PITA! He wanted some of the variation in line thickness to stick, and he didn't want it to be all straight line/curve vector. He wants it to look hand-drawn. The catch is, he wants to print spot colors and be able to blow it up for vinyl.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
It's a great job Renegade.

. . . He looks like a buffed out Leprechaun! :mrgreen:
Down where Renegade lives there might just be some of those..wildlife is abundant, alligators and all.

Renegade

Haha, we def have our assorment of critters hanging around... big and small!

Final version of the logo art, I made this one a little bigger to show more of the detail:

raster-to-vector-3.jpg