What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pencil Portrait Drawings

Sure looks more like drawings on top of photos than just drawings to me.

Last edited:
Oh you have a gift my friend, excellent drawings.

Thank you for your comments, guys!
umm teach me
plenty of free time on your hands and lots of patience.
Sure looks more like drawings on top of photos than just drawings to me.
drawing from scratch on white paper
Oh you have a gift my friend, excellent drawings.
I think that’s just an easy explanation. It cuts away my credit. Truth is there’s a lot of work going into these drawings. Since photorealism is about perfection and every mistake pops out in the end result, I often find myself sweating and working for hours on a feature just to get it right. So it’s all about how much work you’re willing to put into. I’ve seen people putting 100+ hours in a drawing, but that’s just insane. I like my drawings to look good while still rough when viewed up close.
Paradoxically, I’m easier to impress with a quick 5 minutes sketch drawn from life that is able to capture the essence of the subject than these meticulous, well planned drawings, but I guess everybody has to choose what works best and this is the path I’ve chosen for now. Will definitely try to loosen up in the future, and I can’t wait to try different styles and, of course, painting.
2f0ejat.jpg 2q9mbs4.jpg
nv1lxd.jpg

Just one single word Ames: "woooowwww", now you are making jealous hahahah... Awesome work ;-)))

drawing from scratch on white paper

I have to withdraw my previous doubts...This is the absolute best that I ever seen, totally stunning! Your talent is just ...abnormal! A clear case of Alien implant I´d say! :D

Can I have that aliens impkant on order??? I am interested lol ;-) I would take one;-))) i have lots of space in brain hahahaha

Can I have that aliens impkant on order??? I am interested lol ;-) I would take one;-))) i have lots of space in brain hahahaha

They say that for girls with much space in brain there is always a standing offer, so I´m sure you could! :D

Hello
I am holding a contest right now, where you can have your portrait drawn for free !! :) The contest runs from 15th June to 15th July 2012.
To participate you have to send me your picture and name at contest@(no.spam)pencilonpaper.com and like my facebook page.
I will upload all the pictures on my facebook profile so people can vote the best one. The picture with the most votes at the end of the contest will be declared the winner. I will draw that picture and send it to the winner, for free!
You can read more about the contest on my website at http://www.pencilonpaper.com/news/win-a-portrait-june2012
Please feel free to share this with all your friends, and let me know of your opinions and suggestions.
Take care!

Art was the one subject way back in my school days that I loved to take part in.I always understood how to make a great drawing but when it came to putting it to the paper it fell apart not because I didnt try but because I didnt have the talent.You have the talent>thank you so much for sharing .your Morgan Freeman is so good I am in awe of you.

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]You impressed me[/FONT].Your drawing is like a more realistic i wish my hand is like yours hand. You have a great talent to draw.:)

Wonderful sketches :)These are all lovely to look at! Very nice!thanks for the inspiration :)

Last edited:

Back