What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you achieve this look?

DisturbedShifty

I would really like to make more custom Madden covers. That is how I originally started in Photoshop. But ever since I quit buying Madden I haven't cared to do any covers. Fast forward to now and I would like to take a crack at it again. But I Have no idea how some people achieve this "cartoony" look in the example below (NOT my image. It is someone else's custom image).

When I asked how to achieve the look on the forum where they specialize in custom covers, no one would tell me. They just referred a page on their forum where they provide a list of programs that do it for them. And I know it is possible to achieve this look in Photoshop. I just don't know how to look for a tutorial other than "custom Madden covers". So if anyone can either tell me how this look is done in Photoshop, or can at least tell me how to find a good tutorial I would appreciate very much.

Here is the example:
9674281649_f4175407be.jpg

We have a thread somewhere that shows all these effects all though your example is a lot more subtle it is almost a sketch effect a plugin like topaz makes this simple and is quite newbie friendly with way to many presets to get you going and then you can adjust them from their.

But not everyone can afford the luxories of these 1 click plugins so you may have to learn the slightly longer way round or look for free alternatives

http://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum...os/46104-cartoon-effect-aka-topaz-effect.html

We have a thread somewhere that shows all these effects all though your example is a lot more subtle it is almost a sketch effect a plugin like topaz makes this simple and is quite newbie friendly with way to many presets to get you going and then you can adjust them from their.

But not everyone can afford the luxories of these 1 click plugins so you may have to learn the slightly longer way round or look for free alternatives

http://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum...os/46104-cartoon-effect-aka-topaz-effect.html

To be honest I would rather learn the longer way in Photoshop. I am much more versed and comfortable in PS. Not to mention I don't feel like learning a whole new program just to achieve this effect. Especially when I have the most powerful photo editing software out there.

Never go to the Library without your shotgun.

Hot damn! I just got a chance to watch your video. That is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Thank you SO much!!!

Back