What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Children's Home: logo help

PCH

I am the founder of a non-prof that is attempting to start a children's ministry for boys and girls in the state of SC. We are in the early development stages, and have yet to secure the funds for operation.
I would really like to have a logo for our organization, but at the time, we do not have an extra couple hundred dollars to pay for a design. It's for an extremely good cause (children who have been orphaned/abused) and we could use some help.
We desire something extremely simple for the logo: a Palm tree with the words "Palmetto Children's Home" in any combination that looks attractive.
Anybody willing to help?
(we have incorporated the name, and registered the domain name, but funding will probably not be secured for a year or so. If necessary we could discuss compensation on the back end.)
God bless,

Give me a bit I'll come up with something for you will PM you when its ready.

Just something simple nothing fancy just wanted to show support really as a child from a long line of bad childrens homes etc but I hope someone comes up with a better 1 logo design is not my strong point.
View attachment 4858

Reactions: PCH
Here's my take.

palmeto.png

Here's my rough idea. If you like it, I can spruce it up more, clean it up - like the edges of the tree. I'm an amateur but I have time and love to have projects.

I love your logo Allen. It's really bright and eye-catching. I'm not crazy about the font (did you try curlz?) but it's pretty super. BTW, you're missing a "t" in Palmetto. IB

Palmetto Logo.jpg

Last edited:
Man, you guys (and girls?) are awesome! I'm really buoyed and moved by the kindness of strangers, so you all have my complete appreciation and heartfelt thanks!...I've been doodling around on paper and came up with what a really like: maybe somebody could translate my gibberish into design? It's VERY SIMPLE AND CLEAN (think as few lines as possible) and consists of a simply drawn palm tree (not as cartoonish (for lack of better word) as above designs. Underneath it, in large letters the word PALMETTO and directly underneath the word palmetto, the words CHILDREN'S HOME in small letters, so that it looks almost like an = mark, the top line being palmetto, and the bottom line being Children's Home.
Even if nothing further is submitted, I'm humbled by the submissions, and thank you for your time and kindness...

sorry just read your last post back to the drawing board for me do you have a colour preference

Heres my ten cents worth.

Attachments

• palmetto.png
    palmetto.png
    113 KB · Views: 33
hooglemans 2nd logo seems to be the most 'serious', just text and an image, (don't take it as "the best" because i all like them equally[and yeah that's really true])
Hooglemans 1st logo seems to be the most inviting,
sir maximus' logo the most playfull

By the way I dont think it should be Children's Home should be Childrens Home

OK, well, still willing to help as are others you can see ... but it would have been nice to know what you really wanted. I mean, you have all these creative Photoshop artists at your disposal and you basically want something you could do in MS Word. I know, almost do in Word.

Sigh. Still, it's for a good cause . . .

Hoogleman, grammatically, "children's" is correct -- it's a possessive. Mom and Dad were teachers, Mom in English Lit, etc., so I'm pretty well steeped in the grammar thing, LOL.

Last edited:
what really worries me is that there are NO watermarks on the images ;)

in all fairness it is for a charity I dont think anyone would mind if they use our images none of us are in it for the money

Here's my shot at simple.

Palmetto Logo Simple.jpg

I can't get the hang of the attachment thing yet ... grrrrrrrr

Attachments

• LogoSimpleCompos.jpg
    LogoSimpleCompos.jpg
    351.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
in all fairness it is for a charity I dont think anyone would mind if they use our images none of us are in it for the money

My daughter worked for a non-profit organization for years, the CEO of which made $500,000, then there was the President, VP, Treasuer, board of directors, and so on. Non-profit isn't what most people think. BTW the original poster hasn't been back since yesterday.

Back