What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for Action to Create Greeting Card Image

sanssecret

Anyone know where I can get one? I don't want a greeting card template. I can create the cards just fine. I just want an action to create an image of a greeting card. I've scoured the net and can find actions to create business cards, book covers, magazine covers, ..... but none to create greeting cards. :mad2:

Help.

Please.

Pretty please.

why cant you just create your own action as you make your greetting card

oh sorry thought when you said you can create the card you meant that you could do it misread it sorry what image are you exactly trying to go for

I don't want a greeting card template. I can create the cards just fine. I just want an action to create an image of a greeting card.
Because I don't know how to create the image in the first place.

sorry, but i'm just confused now. what do you mean you don't know how to create the image? are you talking about an illustration or are you talking about adding text? an action won't help either of those, you'll need to learn the software. if you want an image of an entire greeting card then you want a template, not an action which would just create a template.

Okay, I'm obviously not making myself very clear. Sorry. :banghead:

I don't want to design a greeting card. I can do that just fine.

What I want is to create an image of a greeting card that I can put up on a website or print on a flyer. Just like you can take an image and turn it into a CD cover, or a book cover, or whatever, I want to take an image and turn it into a greeting card.

Hope this makes things a bit clearer. If not, I'll just go shoot myself lol.

To me it sounds like your trying to get the resolution set for printing
When you start your project if it is for print be sure to start your document at a print friendly resolution most start at 300 ppi or higher. if thats your question.

To me it sounds like your trying to get the resolution set for printing
When you start your project if it is for print be sure to start your document at a print friendly resolution most start at 300 ppi or higher. if thats your question.
Nope. I may want to print the image, but more than likely it will just be to display on a website. If you go to this website, (Cover Action Pro® - eBook Cover Software) you'll see they are selling a set of actions that create product images. Unfortunately they don't have an action for 'greeting cards'. And that is what I'm after. An action that will take an image and turn it into a greeting card.

Does anyone know how to do this, or where I can get an action that will do it?

By the way, thanks for all the replies so far folks. I do appreciate your answers. I just wish I could explain myself a bit better. :sad:

Topic is really so interesting,But i am confused in which type you want Greeting cards.Can you share in detail?
I have allot collection in Greeting cards.I wanna share some.

I think I understand that what you want is a greeting card mockup action? I have looked all over the place but I can´t find one. Like you said, there are mockups for just about everything, except greeting cards, and especially not actions. I found this, maybe it will help if you can tweak it, otherwise I don´t know. :)

Graphics - Cards Mock-Up | GraphicRiver

Back