What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Text within a hollow selection\path

SCTRWD

Power User
Hoogleman, the guy wanted the text to "flow", not just cut out. That's the thing...

Hoogle

Guru
oh I thought he wanted it like your 2nd post on page 1 well if he just wants it to flow around just use the square marquee tool mark out a square right click it and select create working path duplicate the path and reduce it by xx amount and repeat until you have several paths merge the paths together click the paths channel you will see working path right click it and say stroke path using text tool so when you type it will follow the path

SCTRWD

Power User
That's why I answered the post. Despite the evident harsh way of the topicaster:cheesygrin:
It's a real problem in PS. The problem is to fill the hollow shape with text. Not to follow the path.
If look close you'll see that text breaks itself clean on selection borders.
My 2nd post was just a clue how to do it. Just make compound path a simple one by cutting. And then overlap the corners.

Last edited: