What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hai can some one remove the background from these two images

dhfxxx

hai can some one remove the background from these two images.....especially hair masking...please.....gurus help with this images
dsc7827s.jpg

dsc7835.jpg

Re: Request

sorry the images were.....

Attachments

• DSC_7827.JPG
    DSC_7827.JPG
    214.6 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC_7835.JPG
    DSC_7835.JPG
    368.9 KB · Views: 5

it's best to put this in it's own thread and not to hijack other's

sorry i am new to this forum ...but i can't able to edit my own post (delete)...

no worries, it's always good to go to the introductions forum section first, there you can say hi and you can ask about how we work on these forums.
and i can try, but it will be a while i'm back in school tomorrow so i have less time on my hands if i don't get around to it i know a few people who will

DSC_7827 copy.png
background is showing through the hair, if dark background this will work, if light background some dodging is in order.

You can learn how to do this by searching channel based selections or selecting hair.

The other picture will be much more time consuming since the background and hair blend together much more. May I ask what are these for and is there some reason that I should spend my time doing the other one?

background is showing through the hair, if dark background this will work, if light background some dodging is in order.

You can learn how to do this by searching channel based selections or selecting hair.

The other picture will be much more time consuming since the background and hair blend together much more. May I ask what are these for and is there some reason that I should spend my time doing the other one?

Thanks for your reply to my post, well the pictures were my mom's and my grandma, i edited myself the remaining images only these two were complicated and i cannot achieve the correct result....actually they were for the albums to be created for their 60th wedding anniversary....it will be of great help if you edit hem for me.....

thank you

Here is how to do what I did. Open the file of your grandma. Go to the channels pallet. copy the Green Channel. Paint everything white on you grandma up to the edges of her hair. Don't get carried away with the edges just yet. Paint the background black. Don't worry around her hair yet either. 1.jpgPick up the Dodge tool. Dodge her hair while on the highlights setting with an exposure of around five. This will give you a nice controlled way to lighten her hair. Grab the burn tool and burn the background around her hair set to shadows and about 5 exposure. Repeat as needed. You can also use the brush tool in overlay mode painting with black and white but I think the dodge/burn tool give you more control since you can select shadow/midtones/highlights and the exposure.
2.jpg
Cntl+M for a curves adjustment>strong contrast
3.jpg
Go back to the dodge and burn, turn the exposure up to 15 and dodge then burn.
4.jpg
Put the brush tool in overlay mode. Paint over with white.
5.jpg
Back to dodge and burn turn exposure up to 40
6.jpg
Cntrl+L for level adjustment I used these values. 11, 1.68, 208
7.jpg
Now cntrl click your alpha channel to select it, Alt double click the layer icon in the layers pallet, cntrl j to copy selection to a new layer and hide the background. This is similar to what you should get - the Watermark.
8.jpg
Finally with dodge tool set at 13 altnernate dodging the shadows and midtones till you get something like this.
9.jpg
Repeat till you get desired effect. This will depend upon the background it goes upon. To help it blend better, if it is a dark background, duplicate your grandma's layer and the one on the bottom set to multiply, if light background set it to screen.

Hope this helps. We are here to help not to do free projects for people.

You can apply this same technique to your moms picture how ever it will take smaller steps and it will be much more difficult since her hair blends into the background better.

Last edited:
Here is how to do what I did. Open the file of your grandma. Go to the channels pallet. copy the Green Channel. Paint everything white on you grandma up to the edges of her hair. chnique to your moms picture how ever it will take smaller steps and it will be much more difficult since her hair blends into the background better.

thank you very much and i got the result following your guidelines....is there any thing about my mom's picture, because with the same steps the black and white cannot be distinguished..

thanks once again for the great help.

Not having too much luck with it since the backgrounds are so similiar you may have to use the pentool or quick mask and paint you a mask. The principles in the previous few post work somewhat but its not as good for this picture. Just not enough contrast between the hair and background. Another pic you can select by chance?

Last edited:
Not having too much luck with it since the backgrounds are so similiar you may have to use the pentool or quick mask and paint you a mask. The principles in the previous few post work somewhat but its not as good for this picture. Just not enough contrast between the hair and background. Another pic you can select by chance?

sorry bro its the only only picture i got.....any way thanks a lot for your help,i didn't thought some one will take the work seriously and do, and i am so happy about your guidance and spending time for me....thanks once again.

This is about as good as this will get i fear, stric9 as done a brilliant job, well done mate.

Last edited:

Back