What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tutorial to Create a Wunderlist-like Icon in Photoshop

Nathan Campos

I'm developing an application for iOS and Android and I love the style of the Wunderlist icon, so I want to know if there is any tutorial about how to create this "rounded wooden drawer" effect in Photoshop.

CRTdH.png

Hi Nathan Campos

You can create those kind of icons basically using the pen tool to draw your shapes, or using the custom shapes inbuilt in PS.

Then you can fill it whit gradients in case of colored icons, or textures like in this case, the most important thing to remember and that i consider the key part creating this shinny fx, will be Layer Styles applied to those shapes, then you can apply some drop shadows, and bevel and emboss to give it the 3d engraved look, etc.

This may help
Designing a chalkboard icon in Photoshop

Have fun.

Thanks very much. I'll be reading those tutorials and taking your tips, if I get any problems/questions while making it I'll post here, if I finish I'll show here too :)

This is my first try, which is just me following that chalkboard tutorial:

x53c.png

Now what I need to do is just invert the effect(emboss) :)

A little simpler way to create a wood look is to use Render-Fibers, then Hue-Sat to colorize. You can add some knots and irregularities with liquify.

Back