What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help! How to make this text effect?

kabtq9s

My first post ;)

Please help me figure out how to recreate the effect on the "agle" in the below image

PARTPICBLANK.jpg

I tried the contour effect but its not the same .. it looks like some sort of a glass stroke ... infact I'm not even sure if this is was made with Photoshop or some other program.

Any advice is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!

Can't see why Layer effects did not work for you.
There can be some combination of Bevel, Stroke Emboss, Contour, Gloss Contour, Gradient Overlay, etc...
I got very close effect, just enough to say that it surely can be done.

And, actually, you can try 3D tools for that. Like Repousse with bevels...

@ fenix, thanks :) I tried your suggestion but didn't work so well, I played a little with it and came with the one underneath the original .. its close but not perfect :/

recreating eagle logo.jpg

@ fenix, thanks :) I tried your suggestion but didn't work so well, I played a little with it and came with the one underneath the original .. its close but not perfect :/

I think all you're missing is the contour that fenix illustrated for you. Take a look in the bottom box titled "shading" and you will see gloss contour. Click the drop down arrow and choose the 'cone." That simple once you know where to look.
:mrgreen:

I think all you're missing is the contour that fenix illustrated for you. Take a look in the bottom box titled "shading" and you will see gloss contour. Click the drop down arrow and choose the 'cone." That simple once you know where to look.

What would the world have become without women like you Clare! :D

Thanks ibclare but I already had the cone contour selected for my version of the text as you see below

my-settings.jpg

And I know that fenix did his best effort to help me out and I thank him for that, but upon close examination his version is not quite the same as the original as you can see below. The original seems to have an Inner and outer glare that I have yet to discover how to make. Also after applying fenix's selections for some reason I can't change the text color to the proper gradient color similar to the original.

fenix.jpg

In all cases thanks for your help .. and I hope someone can come up with a better version than mine and fenix's :)

Is this good enough? :)

eagle.jpg

P.S. I think something wrong with my font. It should be more smooth but it isn't. And that is strange but i don't want to spent time to find out what's frong with it.

that looks exactly right to me Senior. I opened your version and the original in PS. Did you add contour? or what did you do to achieve this?

That's a secret :)

Actually i saw that it has same beveal effect as hoogle's glass letters on wallpaper he showed (and there was one thread about it). I liked that effect and recent i saw tutorial about that glass text and checked it out.
That was 90% (or even 99%) of problem. All other was finding right modification, adding outer glow etc. No countur though :)

Okey, okey, i'll stop talking and start sharing - View attachment eagle.psd
Modifications probably can be little bit better.

Now admire me, bild me monument and sing song of praise of me :rofl:

Reactions: LRG
Thanks so much Senior.. really appreciate it. I think clare was referring to Bevel>Shading> Gloss Contour and for that you used the Ring contour.
I am trying to smooth it up a bit but no luck so far. Anyways, I think I will use this for now. Thanks again for your effort and Guru skils :)

You can smooth it by making text twice (or something) bigger as needed. It will look even more similiar. At least first attempt i did on scaled one it it looked 99,5% similiar.
So make it big. Rasterize (convert to plain image/layer) and then size down. That's a little cheating of course but original isn't in perfect shape either. I noticed that it's kinda "blured" not so sharp as it should be anyway.

By the way (i knwo it's childish and it's not all about it but i'm just a human being) - Hey, where is my damn COKIE? :)

but . . . did he mean cookie or coke? and if he meant coke, did he mean canned or powdered? You see why I am so confused sometimes . . . ?

:rofl:

(luv ya Senor) :mrgreen:

Last edited:

Back