What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop cs6 must be coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoogle

Guru
Well it looks like cs6 is coming soon so I thought I would start a new thread showing official videos from adobe with sneak peaks etc. I will not be adding videos coming from unofficial sources ie the 100's on youtube that are using pirated versions.

From Adobe

New CS Release Schedule
To enable customers to successfully capitalize on these industry trends, Adobe is innovating quickly and we are introducing a new release schedule for Creative Suite:

• In order to keep customers ahead of these industry trends, we will issue midcycle releases in between our traditional milestone releases.
  • We are extending the time between milestone releases to two years.
  • There will be one midcycle release during each cycle. So, once every 12 months there will definitely be a substantial release for CS.
  • Since features in the midcycle release are primarily focused on keeping users ahead of the industry trends at that time, not all point products will be revised in a given midcycle release.
  • This new Release Schedule debuts … with CS5.5 as the first of these midcycle releases.

Cs5.5 was released in May 2011
So based on this info from adobe then it would be a pretty good guess to say cs6 creative suite could be released in May 2012

That's exciting, but also a little bit depressing. I just got CS5.5! I don't want to have to upgrade so soon. Ah well, it's the nature of computers, I guess.

That's exciting, but also a little bit depressing. I just got CS5.5! I don't want to have to upgrade so soon. Ah well, it's the nature of computers, I guess.
You don't have to upgrade unless you want to. ;) I know some people like to keep their softwares "upgraded" to be at the top of the game, but so far as I am concerned, I am quite happy with my good ol' CS5. To each his own I think! :D

Last edited:
I would also like to point out that I am running Windows 8 at the moment and seems safe to upgrade to without it being an issue with any of the adobe products. However it dramatically slows down your computer as it is all cluttered up with apps on the desktop etc. but no issues with programs themselves other than the slow boot times and a bit laggier than windows 7 at least.

It’s too soon for another upgrade, but I guess it will be worth it. I use the entire Adobe Suite with the work I do, so it is interesting to see what is coming soon.

well from what I see in photoshop it is tweaking it and improving some tools filters and counting more on better graphics cards for faster performance rather than CPU.

The real excitement I am having is possibly after effects cs6 I think that is going to be a lot quicker and hopefully have a better 3d platform

Well not going to lie I like what I see in photoshop CS6 but not enough to make me buy it or upgrade yet I am waiting for after effects to see improvements on that side that will be the deciding factor for me.

Hey guys,

Here comes the new Adobe Illustrator CS6.

The shiny new Illustrator tracing tool engine will convert those raster images into vectors with accurate fitting, super fine and clean lines in just a few simple steps.

Imagine a gradient that is aware of strokes and let’syou choose different ways to adapt to it. Never again will you have to worryabout gradient adaptations and you don’t even have to convert your strokes tooutline. Add this with Pattern creation tools that let you create repetitiveflexible patterns and it’s sure to be a visual treat.

As a design enthusiast and amateur photoshop user, I've always been interested in various image editing and correction software. Considering I create artwork and designs more as a hobby than for money, I've generally swayed away from the Photoshops and Corel Draws of the design world. I generally use trial versions for the 1 month that they work and then hunt for more.

Recently I read about the new Creative Suite from Adobe called CS6. The article spoke about exciting new features that the creative industry was drooling over and, one particular video speaking of 6 brilliant new features of Photoshop CS6 had me drooling a little too. Russell Brown, the creative director at Adobe, in the video says that the new creative suite is magic and I thought to myself, wouldn't anyone speak that way about their own product? But then I saw the features he was talking about.

An intuitive Content Aware Move tool lets you cut and paste parts of your flattened image and fills up the blank space left behind, all in one click. A Blur gallery adds more blur filters to create tilt-shift, various different focal points and even perspective blurs, all with one simple command. And best of all, video editing in Photoshop itself! I immediately downloaded the trial version and started playing around with all of these features.

I explored the Adobe site a little more and found awesome new features in other software too. I've tried my hand at Illustrator a few times and while I find it a little too technical for my liking, the new Pattern Creation tool looks like a designers wet dream!
The Image Trace tool however, is the most exciting for me because converting raster images from Photoshop into vectors in Illustrator has always been a concern for me. In the new Illustrator, the trace tool lets you turn raster images into vectors with ease

Having worked for a digital and print magazine, I've also had a go at InDesign and Dreamweaver in the past, and while I wouldn't really use this software myself, you might find them interesting. InDesign now lets you create layouts for multiple screen sizes and devices, all in one file. It's truly fantastic because every online mag or website developer's biggest concern is compatibility with computer, mobile and tablet.
Dreamweaver too has a Fluid Grid layout that makes web design and development so much easier.

All-in-all, I was quite impressed with the new Photoshop CS6 and having watched all these videos about the new features in other software in CS6 only makes me wish I could use those too. For all you creative people out there, let me put it simply, Russell Brown claimed that the developers at Adobe had created magic, and after watching these videos, I'm convinced they have.

If you do make a living using Adobe software, you can buy the new creative suite, and for those of us, who look to design as a stress buster, get the trial version NOW and experience the magic.

Every time there’s a new version of Adobe’s creative suite, designers and artists all around the world shudder with the thought of more upgrade expenses. Personally, I’ve always put a lot of thought, weighing the pros and cons of new software with the ones I’m accustomed to before investing. This year, when the new Photoshop CS6 released its video thats all it took to convince me to buy the full version, no matter how expensive, because frankly, every feature highlighted is something I had hoped for in future upgrades.

I always used photoshop to colour correct and make last minute touch ups to my photographs coz a field reporter barely has any time to make large changes to images. Now that’s all changed with the new blur gallery in Photoshop CS6.I can make focus changes, multiple focal points and even draw attention to the off-center subjects with one click tilt-shift. Now my photos are ready to hit the web with huge modifications in just minutes, it’s so amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back