What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Hunger Games Poster Composite Using Photoshop CS6 with Tutorial

s1rGr1nG0

Wow! That's impressive. Now, if only my dang CS5 upgrade, my book, and my Intuos4 tablet would arrive I could start learning how to do things like that!

epiem

Thanks!! Just fyi, I did this with a Macbook Pro Trackpad~

I never really got in to tablets/pads

sassyprint

Excellent work. From the finished product, you can't tell that the bow and arrow were simple household items. Thanks for sharing the tutorial.

Kawnvicted

That's really impressive. So many things you can do with that. You're making me want to buy CS6...

epiem

That's really impressive. So many things you can do with that. You're making me want to buy CS6...

CS6 is great...but actually if I had done this in CS5 it would have taken less time. (CS6 was in Beta and most of the tools kept crashing).
CS5 or even CS4 could have done this easily!

The 3D modeling in CS6 is really good though! I usually use Cinema 4D, Maya or 3DSMAX for 3D lettering, but using one of those powerful modeling programs for some simple 3D is kind of a waste...

I would check it out for sure though!

Thanks!

photoshopking

CS6 is great...but actually if I had done this in CS5 it would have taken less time. (CS6 was in Beta and most of the tools kept crashing).

The 3D modeling in CS6 is really good though! I usually use Cinema 4D, Maya or 3DSMAX for 3D lettering, but using one of those powerful modeling programs for some simple 3D is kind of a waste...

Thanks!

That was truly good work! I really loved the hunger games as a movie and your edit it did it justice.

photoshopking

Thanks!

Why would it had taken less time with CS5 or 4 though? Wouldn't 6 be more stable?

A Solar Shade link?
Link deleted.
This is a Photoshop Forum Photoshopking.

Last edited by a moderator:

epiem

CS6 was in Beta at the time...so it crashed over and over. It even crashed once in the middle of saving my work.
At the time, CS5 would have been better to use to make such a intensive resource hogging composite.

Now with the final release of CS6, it is a lot more stable and you should work no problem.