What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question using 3D in CS6: How to PAINT unadulturated color directly onto model?

pt123

Hi, I have a question for CS6 experts, and grateful for any responses.

I'd like to paint directly onto a .obj file in 3d; doing all my texture work in PS. In earlier CS extended version, I could paint directly onto the model, and the color was opaque and gave me the pure color I was looking at.

Now, when I paint onto the modelin CS6, I see the color is diffused, or the lighting is affecting it, or it's blended with the lighting... Why? And how might I paint directly onto the model, and "turn off" the lighting without it all going to shadow? When I turn off the eye for the light, it all goes black.

Essentially, I would like to simply paint directly on the model in 3d space, creating my own light and shadow with my paint texture.. I attached an image here of what I was capable of in an earlier version; you can see that the color is "solid" and not diffused through to the lighting setup in the model. I would like to eliminate ps lighting as much as possible, and have the pure color show up on the model..

Any help??

Thanks so much in advance! Tried finding tutorials for this, to no avail

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-08-18 at 4.38.49 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-08-18 at 4.38.49 PM.png
    14.1 KB · Views: 7

pt123

Attached here is the look I am trying to avoid, but havent found the solution in cs6

pt123

Attached here is the look I am trying to avoid but havent found solution in CS6

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-18 at 4.43.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-18 at 4.43.09 PM.png
    19.5 KB · Views: 7