Thread: Monitor specs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Monitor specs

Greetings, gurus.

I am in the market for a new monitor. I would like to get some input on the specifications I should be looking for, such as resolution, contrast ratio, adjustable controls, etc. I won't need anything larger than about 23 inches since I am using a dual monitor setup. I am using a PC and working with photos. My main concern is profile fidelity with my photofinisher. I have an X rite color calibration device but I can't quite get my present monitor calibrated. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Re: Monitor specs

what cables does your video card support ?..DVI, HDMI, RGB.....What video card do you have...need more info

Hang up and Drive!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

go for the monitor of 22" or 24" cause 23" are just enlarged 22"monitor with the same matrix and resolution.
    go for DVI capable monitor, of course if you have got DVI capable graphic card.
    look for LED based monitor, with 2ms response time especially if you like FPS games;-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have a 22" Viewsonic VA2231 w-LED monitor and it's perfect for graphics and gaming plus it will not break the bank. VGA and DVI inputs too. I use a HueyPro screen colour calibrator and have not had any issues at all.

I have mine VESA wall mounted but the stand it comes with is stable and versatile too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I currently have an on-board video card: ATI Radeon HD 3200. VGA and DVI Outputs. I am open to installing a new video card if that will help. I don't play video games so I don't think I will need a "gamer" type video card unless it will help me get better color.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I see the DVI on your card...That will be a great help. I too like Viewsonics 22wide....I use a double monitor setup, and have a Dell 19"square.As I swap monitors now and then, I will say I see a color difference between ALL monitors I use...You might want to look at the monitors together if possible! I had an Acer 23wide, it was awful and died.
    Last edited by MikeMc; 12-03-2012 at 05:49 PM.

Hang up and Drive!!