What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP! Can someone remove my arm/hand from this image

fittocki

Hello!
Now i am DEFINITELY no photoshop guru, and I seriously suck at it.
I really like this image of me, BUT my arm against the brick wall looks seriously retarded! Would anyone please please please be able to remove it?
Please, help a brother out!!

hi , pretty easy , content aware the bricks over the arm and then clone the rest , problem im having guys is the color when copied is not the same any ideas here

Attachments

• arm photo.JPG
    arm photo.JPG
    311.8 KB · Views: 30
i can color adjust but i want to know why the massive difference , oh by the way ive only been using photo shop for about 3 weeks but that took me all of a couple of minutes , watch videos is my best tip

if you want some of the distracting white brick chips just use the patch tool , circle them and drag them to a good part of the brick and gone

Last edited:
thanks so much for this! you're the best! it does seem pretty easy to do, but i'm pretty much hopeless hahahah
could you be able to brighten the photo a bit? thanks so much!

fixed the brick mortor lines with the spot heal brush , done some patch healing on the white brick chips and added a blue filter

Attachments

• arm photo.JPG
    arm photo.JPG
    389.4 KB · Views: 29
i could brighten it but really id depends on taste , i like this one i think , its a little hard sometimes as i dont think the color i do on photoshop actually replicates exact when i upload

the other two to me look too much yellow but thats me its what you like and if you download the bottom pic and play around with the layer adjustments im sure you will get what you want , also practice the content aware tool , just pick a rough square of bricks and move it over the arm to dissapear , make sure you line up the mortor you get a better result

you could always copy my bottom pic and yours if yourself in your pic then join them as layers and make a mask layer and paint black to reveal the bottom pic

surprised at how much im learning lol , still a long way to go but im likeing it

really dont like the above one its too dark , but it looked ok when i done it
again why the difference when i upload ???????????
ill have another play

Last edited:
i think this may be what your after , if not better to play yourself , i amaze myself at how sometimes i think its right on ps then look again in 5 minutes and it looks so bad , my eye needs more training i guess

Attachments

• check color.JPG
    check color.JPG
    460.6 KB · Views: 28
it needs the right hand bright white mortar toned down as its distracting , im thinking you need a gradient exposure trick , can someone explain how to fix that please , id like to give it a go but havent done that yet

i also have lost the nice blue in her shirt , i can add the original and the above one and mask a copy and bring in the blue but my photos are opening in raw and they are just not the same , the blue looks way too blue when i did that , any thoughts here please

Last edited:
so i added the blue by copying both pics to layers and painted over the shirt with a mask , good practice thanks for the project , spent way too much time on it lol but hope this is what you wanted if not im sure one of the better photoshoppers will nail it lol

Attachments

• Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    496.6 KB · Views: 27
Egosbar, you almost certainly have a problem with color management. The original was taken on an iPhone 4s and is in sRGB. Your 1st response was in Adobe RGB 1998. Read up on the difference between the various options PS give you when there is a mismatch between your working color space and the space of the image you are trying to ingest. This is a common problem and there is a huge amount of material written about this on the web.

HTH,

Tom M

I'm not sure exactly what you did with the color space conversions, so I simply tried assigning your 1st tweaked version to different color spaces till I got a match. I think this is pretty close. I've also attached the original for quick, side-by-side reference.

HTH,

Tom M

Attachments

• IMG_5179-orig.JPG
    IMG_5179-orig.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 15
  • arm_photo-fixed1x-in_AdobeRGB-ps01a-01.jpg
    arm_photo-fixed1x-in_AdobeRGB-ps01a-01.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 16
Personally I'd go for more contrast, but that's a subjective thing.

Attachments

• IMG_5179.JPG
    IMG_5179.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 9
Very nice you guys. I'd like to see something in between the two for color balance between the warm and the cool. But I'm feeling inundated with the img by now, lol. Yes egosbar, you are a PS noob so you have some to learn on the subject of color management. You're doing well, but if you can find some tuts it would help. Just applying a default filter can give you way too much of the filer even if it is the right one. There are many things to learn to tweak and it might take 3 more layers to get the right result. But ... the only way to learn is to try different methods and learn from others. You're doing well, really well. Keep up the good work.

Yup, without changing the composition, there's a bunch of things I would also do differently (see attached), but all she asked for was removing the arm, so I initially didn't mention other possibilities like getting rid of the yellow overall cast, balancing the illumination levels, contrast adjustments, etc..

T

Attachments

• arm_photo-fixed1x-in_AdobeRGB-ps01a-02.jpg
    arm_photo-fixed1x-in_AdobeRGB-ps01a-02.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 7

Back