What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Whiteout' effect

Meridion

Hi, guys, been lurking for a while.

I was wondering how you achieve the effect shown in the photos below. where the colour is removed and the object is white. its not just greyscale, because there would be more grey, and it cannot be achieved like that (i tried haha)

tumblr_m7xti0QWaD1rrldqbo1_500.jpgtumblr_mnrng74zso1ra6ktwo1_500.jpgtumblr_ms9yplXTEE1r82dbgo1_500.pngtumblr_mztnswQMIx1smtqrqo1_500.jpg

Here's a combination of the shadows/highlights tool + the porcelain skin effect I mentioned in my prevous post. I did each a couple of times. I also carefully tuned the blendIF sliders at each step of the process.

It's not exactly the same look as in the sample images you mentioned, but it's close and the general technique should quickly get you in the right ballpark.

As with all of these sorts of image manipulations, they are incredibly sensitive to your starting image, so, if you started with an image that was already fairly high key in the camera, you will need less post processing, and the results will be even better.

Tom M

orig-xnv_for_web.jpg

tjm01-acr0-ps01a-02-xnv_for_web.jpg

Here's a combination of the shadows/highlights tool + the porcelain skin effect I mentioned in my prevous post. I did each a couple of times. I also carefully tuned the blendIF sliders at each step of the process.

It's not exactly the same look as in the sample images you mentioned, but it's close and the general technique should quickly get you in the right ballpark.

As with all of these sorts of image manipulations, they are incredibly sensitive to your starting image, so, if you started with an image that was already fairly high key in the camera, you will need less post processing, and the results will be even better.

Tom M

View attachment 41707

View attachment 41708

Awesome Tom!

Thanks a lot, that is really good!

Back