What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

defining a pattern and keeping it

pslane

WheneverI define a pattern, I want it to be there for later use. Problem, where do I find it? I looked in my pattern folder and don't see it. Where is it or is there something else I have to do to save it before I close it out?

Thanks,
pslane

Go to EDIT > PRESETS > PRESET MANAGER. When the manager opens choose Patterns from the preset type.

You have different folders of patterns, you can create a folder called "my patterns" and save it there.
When you need a certain pattern, this is the way it works

pattern.jpg

Hope this is what you meant

Sorry to say, I'm still a bit confused. I have made a pattern, defined it as a pattern and named it Easter. Now I look in my pattern files and look for Easter.pat and can't find it.

I have a folder called My Patterns but I don't know how to get them there. It has to load from somewhere.

Thanks,
pslane

Try NOT looking in any folder.

Does the pattern show up in your preset manager?

Have you restarted Photoshop since you saved the pattern?

How did you save the pattern?

The pattern will appear in the last collection that you used, i.e. the miniatures that you see in my screenshot.
You can verify by choosing a different collection. PS will ask you if you want to override the file, which you do.

Last edited:
I just reset the patterns and the one I made was gone. Wait a minute...it did ask if I wanted to save changed and I didn't. uh oh. Anyway, I closed PS down and reopened it. I think my pattern is gone. I'll do this again and save.

Back