What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New window opens behind Tools

Dakota605

I'm using PS Elements 8.0 on an iMac running 10.6.4, and have been for a while. My issue started a few days ago and was not preceded by a crash or any problems. I've always kept my Tools palette in the top-left corner of my window and when I open a photo it always opens in the top-left of the available space (nestled up alongside the Tools palette). But now, most of the time, the photo opens behind the Tools palette. In other words, the palette is blocking the top-left and left parts of the image. I have to drag the window to the right to see it all. I can't find anything in Preferences that helps. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Have you always had two rows in your Tools panel? Try collapsing it to one row and see what happens.

Also, what's your screen mode? (under VIEW > SCREEN MODE)

I was going to mention that: no difference between one and two rows. There is no "Screen Mode" under the View. I'm in "Edit Full" if that's what you mean. Also, View...Snap to... is set to "Guides."

So, other than the window opening behind the Tools Panel, has the interface appearance changed at all?

Not that I've noticed, and I've been using PS for 20 years! I admit this is no big thing, and I can easily live with it but it's just one more thing I have to do before editing my photo, know what I mean?

I thought of that but was hesitant to mess up my personalized settings. I may try that, however, tonight. I'll post the results! ;) And I appreciate the quick replies.

No problem!

I understand what you mean about resetting the prefs, but I know how something so trivial, especially if it's only just started, would bother me! Good luck!

Back