What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Converting multichannel EPS to multichannel TIFF

cprvh

Need to convert a CMYK+Spot EPS file to a CMYK+Spot TIFF. I have been reading what I can about the process, but must be missing something. I was able to create a new file with the exact same pixel dims and copy the channels into the new file. However, it is not quite right. Is there a clear cut tutorial somewhere that can help me?

Thanks!

I copied the channels over to the new file. The new file was in the Multichannel color mode. Since I cannot save it as TIFF in that format, I changed to CMYK plus the spot channel. When I changed to CMYK the colors shifted.

The file I am working with is a profiling target. My RIP cannot use the DCS 2.0 format and they said to change to TIFF.

PS - At the risk of stating the obvious, there are many different flavors of CMYK (ie, available as different output device profiles), as well as some generic CMYK profiles that can be used as working color spaces. In a process like this, you need to maintain solid color management practices, so be sure that at the very minimum, you soft proof using the CMYK device profile for your specific system.

T

Back