What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

white halo appears around text

ohmaya

I have been trying to find an answer to this forever...

I often create text in Photoshop 7 and Photoshop CS against a transparent background to use on website over color photos or against a webpage's color background.
Here's the problem...When I do a SAVE FOR THE WEB as a .gif (transparent BG) and then insert the text into my web page, every letter has a white-ish band around it, like a halo. In the program the text looks fine but after saving for the web, it's no good. If I save it with a color background or if I save it as a .jpg, it's fine, but then it inserts a color background. I need the BG to be transparent and the outline of the text to be clear so it will sit on the photo like a subtitle or caption when placed over it.
I HAVE ATTACHED A SCREENSHOT THAT SHOW THE TEXT I SAVED PLACED ON A BLACK WEB PAGE.

Any suggestions? Have tried playing with every setting to no avail - I REALLY appreciate any help!!
Flo

Attachments

• text-test.jpg
    text-test.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 7

ohmaya

sorry to be so clueless...is this setting on the SAVE FOR THE WEB PAGE or in the main prgram menus? I cant seem to locate it.
Thanks SO much!
Flo

ohmaya

Is it the drop down in the CHARACTER window? Next to the language preference setting? If so, should that be set to NONE?