What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flame effect

SeniorS

Guru
Playing with http://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum/photoshop-contests/31892-photoshop-challenge-week-5-a.html and tutor How to make a sun in Photoshop w/ Commentary - YouTube with little improvisation find out that it can be used to create nice flame effect.

PSG.jpg
Made by one letter per time and big soft 100% brush.

I liked it, so i decided to share it but 90% of credits goes to that tutor author.

Here View attachment flameeffect.psd

P.S. Diference from original tutorial is described in http://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum/photoshop-contests/31892-photoshop-challenge-week-5-a.html.
In process of finding right post you'll sure find many very beautifull and stunning space scenes from PSG members :)

Have fun!

P.P.S. Having fun by myself (just can't stop it :) )
Used diferent brush with low opacity (10-30%), color doesn't mutters by the way.

PSG2.jpg

Last edited:
Nice. I forgot about this one.
But you didn't said how you did it.
It looks diferent technic and probobly smudge tool?

I make flames by using smoke brushes white in color. 2.jpg
Then add a color balance adjustment and get this. 1.jpg
Whats neat about that is you can make them any color you like. 3.jpg

If you are using another color background than black or white then you can make a mask from your flames layer and apply it the colorbalance layer and get it to work. 4.jpg This example looks terrible but you get the picture.
pencil.png

Make text in white on a black BG then rasterize. Duplicate and use the *wind filter several times on text then add a black layer below and merge down. Use liquify filter to make the flames, set layer to screen mode then colorize yellow. Duplicate the layer use hue/sat to add red/orange, set it to overlay mode. Move the white text layer to the top and add color -gradient-inner glow, etc.

*For the wind filter you need to rotate the text 90°

Thanks $1r_M4x1mu$!

The best part is that it didn't needed actual flame painting (i'm bad with that) and was relative easy.

Back