What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi all Total newb here

Blighty

Hello, as stated above i'm a total newb to all this PS.. i've seen it done on may forums but never had ago a it myself:rolleyes:... i have asked many people who i have seen do a bit of PSing on forums to change a colour of a car to a 'matt metallic' finish and been told it cannot be done???... it this true or is it actually do able??
Cheers in advance
Blighty:)

Hi Hoogleman, cheers for the link.. judging by this forum i have lots to learn once i get involved with PS could get lost in it for hours lol...

can the 'matt' effect be created in PS do you know???

Yes I dont see why not save that red image and start with basic colour change first
open it up in photoshop press control +J to duplicate it then go to IMage > adjustment hue saturation
in the pull down bar that currently says master change to red and move the saturation slider all the way down also tweak the bottom slider lightness down a bit
You may have to also repeat this for magenta channel as well

yea i defo need to learn to 'walk before i can run' me thinks... where would be the best place to post a 'request' to see what i would like to try and do done on the forum?

Hi Blighty

Welcome to PhotoShop Gurus

PS is the most powerful graphic editing tool out there, so you could count on that, depending on the complexity of the image, it can take you from a couple minutes to hours of work, but the results that you will get, it will be very satisfying and worth it, you just need to know, how PS tools work and lots of practice.

Here is a quick example of flat color to glossy fx, just by using the default plastic wrap PS filter "Filter>Artistic>Plastic Wrap"

p_wrap_00.jpg

p_wrap.jpg

Have Fun.

Back