What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi guys I'm Mody :D

Mody

I'm a photoshopping noob and I am wanting to learn more!!
Any Ideas where to start would help alot :)

here one of my pics that I'm pretty proud of :)
still needs a few touch ups but I like it.

Moon in his hands.JPG
Here is a better look: lh6.googleusercontent.com/-ya3E-WMZVR4/T8jC38TunKI/AAAAAAAAADo/3tkTsGrfJFI/s576/Moon%2520in%2520his%2520hands.JPG

I am starting a minecraft youtube channel and am looking for someone to make a background and logo for me.
If anyone is interested plz contact me

Attachments

• Moon%u00252520in%2520his%2520hands.JPG
    Moon%u00252520in%2520his%2520hands.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 47
Pretty Awesome concept! In my opinion a little shading where the thumbs meet the moon, and a little under top index finger shadow on the moon. Maybe some star like super nova mixed where the black is on the hands containing the cosmic colors. I like it!

Hi Mody,

Very cool image! Something that might enhance the photo would be adding a subtle drop shadow (lowered opacity) on the hands to increase the 3-D feel. Also you could add a shadow below the moon that sits just on the surface of the bottom hand.

What's the significance of the black areas in the hand? Not saying they look bad, but I wanted to know the purpose of them before offering any additional thoughts.

As far as learning photoshop goes, being in a forum like this is definitely a step in the right direction. There are many online tutorials and books out there that will give you a needed foundation of the tools. In the end, to draw from old cliche "practice makes perfect" and the more you play around and have fun making stuff, the better you'll get even if you aren't trying to :)

Treydahn

Hi Mody,

Very cool image! Something that might enhance the photo would be adding a subtle drop shadow (lowered opacity) on the hands to increase the 3-D feel. Also you could add a shadow below the moon that sits just on the surface of the bottom hand.

What's the significance of the black areas in the hand? Not saying they look bad, but I wanted to know the purpose of them before offering any additional thoughts.

As far as learning photoshop goes, being in a forum like this is definitely a step in the right direction. There are many online tutorials and books out there that will give you a needed foundation of the tools. In the end, to draw from old cliche "practice makes perfect" and the more you play around and have fun making stuff, the better you'll get even if you aren't trying to :)

Treydahn

Thanks man :)

I wanted the hand to have some transparent parts to blend into the background, but that didn't work so well :p
But I still have the original image so I can still modify the hand (I have saved the hand on GIMP as a layer)

I have no Idea what program to use and I'm still learning the one I'm using now, please could tell me the best program to use? (I'm using GIMP right now)

Mody give me some information, i would like to help for ur logo.. :)

My youtube channel will be: /user/ModysGames (paste on end)
and I would like some variation of this logo:
I216_mody_logo.jpg

it will ontop of the background for my youtube channel. please could you help me?

Hey Mody,

Sorry I didn't realize that you didn't use Photoshop to create your logo. Many of my suggestions may or may not be possible depending on the program you used. As far as graphic /photo editing programs go, Photoshop is the most powerful tool out there. Once you've gotten your comfortable with the program, you'll pretty much be able to create anything you want.

I'd be happy to help you with the logo but I'll need more direction. When you say you want a variation of the logo in the above post, what ideas did you have in mind?

Treydahn

Mody is that kind of logo u want ?
View attachment 18330
Its easy to do it but its very cool ! :)

WOW that is really awesome!
but soz not really :embarassed face:
I was looking for a pokeball as the O, with an awesome effect, such as that :D
plz tell me how you did that (haven't ever used photoshop before)

could you plz PM me a link to photoshop?

Something like this maybe However there are a lot of mistakes and I have got a Migraine so you will have to touch up the things I have messed up= if you like it.

it is a full 1920 X 1080 Resolution so should be big enough. I believe that is what you call a poke ball when I was looking it up on Google.

Mody.png

Ok did some of the corrections added a bit more contrast to it and patched up some of the errors just to make them less obvious. You will probably have to click the image to get the best quality as it has red in it as a jpeg so probably will look pixelated
Mody.jpg

Hey Mody! You're starting a minecraft Youtube channel? That sounds interesting, if you're looking for another minecraft player I would love to jump on and explore with you! Good luck with your Photoshop endeavors.

wahoo I got the render right this time for a toon style thing ruins the image but if you like pokemon I guess this is more suitable
toon.png

Back