What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Railway poster art

Sijohnlloyd

Hi Can anyone suggest how I can convert a photo in the style of the attached 1930's poster. Thank youodec-somserset-86.jpg

I know of no plugin that will do what you want automatically. Some are vaguely close (eg, Topaz Simplify or PS's native "cutout" filter, but they really are not the same.

I think your only choice will be to make separate masks for each area that should have a different color, and then apply the color using any of the standard color tools such as a hue/sat adjustment layer in the "colorize" mode.

HTH,

Tom

Here is one way that might work....

Open the image in Photoshop.

Make sure your image is in RGB mode.

Make a duplicate of the original.

Go to FILTER > ARTISTIC > POSTER EDGES set to 5, 0, and 1.

Add a Brightness & Contrast adjustment layer with the values of Brightness: 10 Contrast: 30.

Go to FILTER > ARTISTIC CUT OUT set to 7, 5, and 3.

original.....
Screen Shot 2013-12-10 at 10.33.51 PM.png

Manipulated....
Screen Shot 2013-12-10 at 10.34.26 PM.png

You can add a Hue and Sat adjustment layer and desat the image and also add a 1.0 Gaussian blur...
Screen Shot 2013-12-10 at 10.41.12 PM.png

Here is one way that might work....

Open the image in Photoshop.

Make sure your image is in RGB mode.

Make a duplicate of the original.

Go to FILTER > ARTISTIC > POSTER EDGES set to 5, 0, and 1.

Add a Brightness & Contrast adjustment layer with the values of Brightness: 10 Contrast: 30.

Go to FILTER > ARTISTIC CUT OUT set to 7, 5, and 3.

original.....
View attachment 40064

Manipulated....
View attachment 40065

You can add a Hue and Sat adjustment layer and desat the image and also add a 1.0 Gaussian blur...
View attachment 40066

Thank you Sam. It's done the job! A happy chap in the UK!:)

Another way would be a little more tricky but you can do it using channels this is a very noisy image so it's not very reliable.Only channels adjustments usedchannels.gif

Back