What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What effects did they use on the people in this rendering?

cbh201

Hi, I am looking to reproduce the effects applied to the people in this render. I already have cutouts of people mostly in png form without a background. I just need to know how to create the outline and the blocky/watercolor effect- which obviously isn't just a watercolor effect since I know that's not what the watercolor effect creates. The transparency I know how to do :) (MLK Library Render)

Thanks!

mlk library render.jpg

You can get a similar effect using Edge Only Smart Blur on a layer copy, then invert the layer and change the blend mode. Make some adjustments and you can get something close.

Attachments

• Crop.jpg
    Crop.jpg
    339.9 KB · Views: 5
Don't get me wrong, I love 3d art, I really do. But after spending 7 years scouring the internet for inspiration I've become a little bit cynical. Now when I look at 3d art, I only see it's flaws.

Are my renders perfect? Absolutely not. My portfolio is riddled with flaws. In fact almost every single piece of my artwork violates at least one of these 'rules'. This article is to share what I've learnt as an artist and as an onlooker.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back