Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Do you believe in aliens?

I for many years have had a passion for wondering if anything is out there, i don't mean little green men but the idea of other societies living out there far in advanced states to ours.

I love to star gaze and wonder just what could be out there, i do believe we are not alone - that does not mean i think little green men are here taking samples of us and animals, like the stories tell us.

How naive a society would the world be to think theres only us in the entire solar system and beyond.

Just a quote from the bible for those who believe...
    Moses is quoted as saying, 'the world in it's roundness looks lost in comparison to the stars around it' how did he know the world was round?

Did the world start as science said or is there another answer?
    ​REMEMBER TO PUT THE LID DOWN GUYS

2. Likes Jessicayla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Do you believe in aliens?

just on your last paragraph.
    the bible was written by people and didnt start in English.
    so a quote isnt a real quote its just somebodies interpretation of what he said or didnt say

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The quotes have been converted to English from Hebrew, so your explanation holds no water, but thanks for reply.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"written by people"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I get what your trying to say mate, i hold no wishes to believe 'gods' word myself, but you got to admit the coincidence is there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I know there are aliens and they are on this planet as well! Have you met my inlaws?
    Success is a work in progress,never stop trying.

8. Likes Paul liked this post
    Freelance and GIMP+ Section Moderator Zeealex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i believe that there are extra terrestrial organisms like bacteria, and small creatures, but nothing too evolutionarily advanced, and the gravitational pull of their sun would dictate what they looked like, a planet closer to their sun than us will probably have short thin bodies, and small eyes, possibly not bipedal, rather than the classical larger eyes, of Sci Fi movies.

but i don't believe they have ever invaded earth, they probably wouldn't be able to survive with the sudden change of atmospheric pressure or structure. plus a list of other reasons.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

I don't think Moses meant that the world was round. It was his view to describe man's surroundings.

Not that I'm discounting UFO sightings, encounters (LiZad,.... alien you, ah?) , abductions and the conspiracy theories that comes with it, why don't they FORMALLY present themselves? Obviously, to them with their intellect and ability to travel the cosmos, they can observe and see we're an advanced civilization. They can learn more about us by simple face-to-face meetings. It's not like as if they were exploring their own jungle , collecting sample flora and most especially primitive fauna to study.

There is a great possibility that there's an alien civilization out there. If UFO sightings and such are not true, they haven't been here simply because they are too far away, and that technology-wise, they haven't invented the "Warp Drive" yet. Their civilization might be at a stage like ours, using their own form of the Hubble, or maybe traveled as far as several suns from theirs . The galaxy is huge, man.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Photoshop Gurus Site Rules

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Another lame flame post made by the guy above, are you on a troll a day tour or something?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm not exactly sure which Bible you're reading, Paul. But Moses is not quoted as saying any such thing in any book of the Old Testament. So there is no "coincidence" there. But even if it was an actual quote, how do get from "Moses knew the earth was round" to "we're not alone in the universe"? Are you suggesting that Moses learned the shape of the earth from aliens? (Funny, that's how I learned Photoshop. Nanu Nanu!)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast