What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NO WORDS THREAD 20130330b: Abstract

Tom Mann

Guru

Attachments

• img24-Win_vista_bkgnd-01_ps01a_medhi_efx-04_final-xnv_650px_wide.jpg
    img24-Win_vista_bkgnd-01_ps01a_medhi_efx-04_final-xnv_650px_wide.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 78
  • D7A_5311nef-LR3-ps02a-1kpx_hi-01-ps01a-01_etc_etc-for_web.jpg
    D7A_5311nef-LR3-ps02a-1kpx_hi-01-ps01a-01_etc_etc-for_web.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
iDad, I moved your thoughtful suggestion over to the parallel discussion thread and responded over there.

Tom

Thought I'd try bumping this thread back up to the top...

DSC_0718-01_ps07a-02_698px_wide-for_web-renamed.jpg

PS (6/26/2013) - Just to clarify to the fellow that sent me the PM, this is not a photo of a painting, it was done in PS + Corel Painter (probably v.12).

Last edited:
Let's try bumping this thread back up to the top again and see if any of our new members like abstracts.

This one was taken a week ago in Corning, NY. Other than cropping and resizing, it's straight from the camera.

Tom

IMG_7426-pm_650px.jpg

Here are a few that I did. I used Painter in addition to Photoshop on at least one of them but I did them so long ago that I can't remember which ones for sure. There was a ton of experimentation involved so I can't remember exactly how all of the effects were achieved. :redface:

Abstract.jpg

AbstractEgg.jpg

Reflection.jpg

STRANGE-GLOW.jpg

PaintSmears.jpg

Also, very nice work, HPsN ! My favorite is the floating egg.

It's great to see that someone besides me (on PSG) also uses Painter. Since this old thread seems to have gotten reinvigorated, I'll have to dig out some of my other abstract constructs and post a few.

Regards,

Tom

Thanks Tom. I was only able to do abstract experiments with Painter. I couldn't quite get the hang of doing anything that was anywhere close to resembling realism.

HomePhotoshoppingNetwork, I like them all...interesting creations!

Last edited:
Here is the latest abstract culmination of my thoughts versus the world. This 1920x1080 widescreen HD wallpaper was created solely in Photoshop and a Wacom tablet.

temprift_by_crotale-d6fjo8w.jpg

Back