What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NO WORDS THREAD 20130402a: Funny Signs

Tom Mann

Guru
And, found in a local park this past weekend.

I would love to meet (a) the guy or gal who designed this sign, and (b) the guy (or gal) who approved it. ;-) They must both be real "characters".

TIMG_6770nef-dogs_no_pooping_sign-acr-ps01a_cropped-03_650px_wide_for_web.jpg

Tom Mann

Guru
OK, this one isn't really a sign, it's the title of a book in the image, but what the heck ... maybe this will bring this thread back to life.

I was playing around with a new ap for my iPhone just randomly snapping things around the house, and the ironic juxtaposition of the title of the book and the phenomenal composition exhibited in this classic still life dawned on me. :cheesygrin:

T

photo05.jpg

Tom Mann

Guru
Yup, probably every English schoolboy has heard of this little village and it always is good for a minor laugh.

If my memory is correct, many years ago I attended a small scientific meeting near the Chiemsee and remember seeing a nearby town on the map in the direction of Fooking (sic - intentionally misspelled to defeat the forum software) called something like Tit-moaning, but decided it just wasn't worth it to drive over and get pictures of the two town signs. I probably was a real "stick-in-the-mud" even back then. LOL!

T