What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amazing family photos

I guess it is a composite of 2 fotos.
I just tried to achieve a similar result with one of my "normal" images.

DSCN2014Original.jpg
Original
DSCN2014Original+.jpg
multiplied the color of the sky on a layer.
DSCN2014Original++.jpg
desaturated the corlors
DSCN2014Original+++.jpg
Put the BG on a layer and applied Gaussian blur
DSCN2014Original++++.jpg
added a vignette layer (multiply)
added a layer to lighten the GB

Last edited:
:thumbsup::yourock::clap: Thanks Chris really nice, off to try something now.

FWIW, there was a discussion of her photos over on photo.net a month or so ago. The consensus was that key to her "look" was her use of a wide aperture lens (certainly faster than f/2.8) with good soft bokeh (so probably an older design) plus a good working knowledge of lighting, but only moderate post processing of the resulting images.

I'll try to find and post a link to their very interesting discussion of her technique.

Tom

PS - Chris, very nice job!

Arghhh! I couldn't find the old photo.net discussion, but I did see a comment that one of her favorite lenses is a 135/2.0 L. From that and her photo, she's obviously not exactly a peasant farmer, LOL.

I really like the faded yellow look. I'm trying to work more on photo enhancements........I tried this.........

I don't know if it's working or not! What do you guys think?

WomanAndHorse_01.png

Back