What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issue with Image Processor

h3vt

Scripts -> Image Processor

I want to re-size around 500 5184x3456 photos to 5184x2912

I select my folder, tick save as JPEG and enter my re-size number as stated above.

When I run the processor it re-sizes them to 4368x2912 instead.

What do, how fix?

Looks like it is constraining proportions if you turn it off then it may distort the image

I rarely run scripts and do all my batch processing through lightroom

So I can only assume you want this option
Capture.PNG

However if you record an action in photoshop doing what you want to achieve and save it then you can try file> Automate> Batch and use that action it will do a whole folder of images just like your script option.

file -> automate -> batch brings me to this:PS-1.jpg

After I hit "ok" it tells me it can't feather the image, which I didn't tell it to. I haven't used photoshop at all much so I'm not sure what to do here.

Ok have you recorded the action.

Open up an image you want to resize

Then go to window>Action to open up the action Panel
Click create new action
1.PNG

Name your action to whatever you want to recognise it in the future with I called mine resize so you can follow along

and then hit the record button
2.PNG

Go to image> size and type in your new image size and uncheck the constrain proportion box
3.PNG

Then go to file >file save
selecting the image type (preferably jpeg) and quality and click save

Then hit stop in the actions panel
Capture.PNG

Close the document

Go to file > automate > Batch

and select your resize action
5.PNG

And the rest should be self explanitary

It worked. Thanks a lot for your help, I know it must be tiresome having people like me always asking "how do I" all the time, but I guess that's why this site exists, right? Anyway it's going good right now, thanks again :]

Yep we are here to help But Glad you sorted it.

By the way if you are going to be processing that many images on a regular basis may I suggest investing in Adobe Lightroom for some reason Adobe have halfed the retail price on the latest version released I think it is $79 for the full program.

Lightroom is designed for photographers and handles batch processing with a single click etc.

I was looking for the same problem since so long.Thanks for sharing .All tips are easy!!

Steve will be having words with us.

Hey, Hoogle - Who gave you the idea to experiment with your light bursts under a tree canopy? This crazy guy: #6 ? :rofl:

T

Back