What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop Challenge Week #8

Hoogle

Guru
If I liked that does it mean I am going to hell for supporting the burning of Angels

Paul

Former Member
Two concepts became one mate, besides you don't believe in all that clap trap do you?

Hoogle

Guru
Can someone confirm if my email and skype has now been erased from my avatar section still showing on my screen but deleted it in profile

Hoogle

Guru
Good thank you it is 1 thing getting repeat requests on here but getting people trying to add me on skype or emailing me for more stuff is really annoying me

Paul

Former Member
With fame comes great responsibility young Jedi, remember the path to enlightenment is narrow and long, so walk slowly and enjoy the journey.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
morning everyone!

you know that interface sig i did for week 6? well i sort of had an idea when i was trying to sleep last night of animating it. and here it is. you'll need to click it again i think because it's width is beyond the limit.
Zeealexnextsiginterface.gif
the finished thing has 86 frames in total hope you enjoy it as much as i enjoyed making it.
and no this wasn't the PS gurus brushes idea, this one is better IMHO

Paul

Former Member
Very nice mate, one thing the loading bar needs a few more frames of movement - just a tad jerky.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
thanks seniorS and Belial.

the loading bar is a little jerky, i'll fix that up now, glad i still have it open XD

SeniorS

Guru
I was thinking that to improve the "ICE" I should put some glints/highlights on the letters.
Nice work. I don't know about improving that but i thought about ice yesterday too :)
I have no power (and patience too) for that but if someone intrested -my imagination show cool image - ice candle (with some melting) and flame (candle light).

Paul

Former Member
Inspired by another member;)

original image.

then my gif creation.

Hoogle

Guru
In the subaru pic I was half expecting to see the face from your top animation to splatter across the windscreen lol

Paul

Former Member
To advanced for cs2 image maker mate.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
i've fixed it up a little, but now the progress bar is wonky, oh well.the progress bar changes more steadily now instead of varying and looks less jerky.
interface2.gif
i've told this one to only play once, so it isn't annoying.
well that's a piddle brain, i'll set it to loop again

Last edited:

Vafann

Guru
I´m Pulling out my hair, and I have a headache like never before! I have been trying to follow this tutorial, I have been using a different picture of a woman, but besides that I have been trying ti do exactly as it says. I have now tried and started over again about a hundred times and I just can´t seem to get past step 2. I have come to the conclusion that either there is something seriously wrong with my understanding, or there is something missing from this tutorial.

I have a link here to it, but I have the same one ina magazine that I have been trying to follow. i have checked to see if they are the same or if the online one is different or has something that the printed one doesn´t, but they are identical.

I am wondering if someone would maybe do me a favor, and just try to get past step two, with any picture at all, and then tell me if it´s me that is lacking something, or if it´s the tutorial. I have been trying a hundreds times or something and I´m going crazy.

Paint with fire - Photoshop Tutorial - Digital Arts

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
it doesn't really help with 50 billion adverts clogging up the page.

Dupllicate but the selection in a new layer, the stroke on mine kept it to the image, but there's nothing up with it as far as i see vafann :) apart from the colors.

maybe you need to just step away from the PC and relax a little, yes?