What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Save Layer Styles in Photoshop for Export or Sharing

Yutosi

Power User
Photoshop Tutorial: Save a Layer Style in Photoshop

I decided to make a short Photoshop Tutorial for anyone who wants to know how to Save/Export Layer Styles in Photoshop.

I am going to demonstrate this with my recently created Platinum Text lyer style which you can find here.

fxTDc.jpg

I'm not going to cover how to create a layer style, let's just assume you know that and you have a layer style that you want to save. Here is how you do it:

01. Double click the layer or the FX icon that the style you want to save is applied to. This will open the layer styles dialog window.

02. Click the New Style... button.
aFNeB.png

03. Give your style a name. Now you should see your new style in the Styles window like this:
YlLj9.png

04. Now you need to save the style to an .asl file on your computer. First choose Edit --> Preset Manager... from the menu like this:
Wmopv.png

05. Now choose Styles from the drop down menu like this:
kl0iU.png

06. Select the Style or multiple Styles that you want to save to an .asl file. In my case I am choosing my Platinum Text style.
pwJkb.png

07. Click Save Set and then save the .asl file to the location of your choice on your computer.
dhhTY.png

That's it your done!

Now you have a Photoshop Layer Stle in an .asl file that you can share with your friends, transfer to another computer, and reuse in any future graphic design project.

I hope someone will find this Photoshop tutorial helpful.

Back