What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

need some help

jessilynn

for my school final we are suppose to be creative, and im trying to photo shop this pic and replace the faces with my groups and im not good at all! can anyone help!!!

i will be very greatfull!!!!

i need the 5 girls in the photos except the girl in pinkish holding a drink into the group photos at the bottom!
35659_584381213662_46107843_33882375_3467507_n.jpg196057_1595788541245_1431915226_31213862_935829_n.jpg74031_458462382303_503562303_5723507_8291293_n.jpg38021_1303733927274_1648275876_682142_259929_n.jpgTeen girls in bikini pool side gardasil 500.jpgbikini-bomb.jpg

i've done everything for my project but this, this is just extra credit i've spent 4 days trying to do it. i just dont know what im doing!

As I understand you, you have your work cut out for you to get even a passable result. Simply stated: you would use the photo from "funnybackgrounds" as the base, you then need to open each photo, select the head(many ways to do this) copy your selection, then paste into the final in it's own layer. What you will have is 5 faces in different res, scale, different color and contrast only to mention a few of the parameters that will need tweaking. You would need to tweak blending type of your layers and a high level of skill to get what you are after. Hope I didn't discourage you from going ahead and learning the program but to paraphrase an old adage: "don't copy more than you can paste" or don't bite off more than you can chew. Keep working at it, the program is deep, deep, deep. Takes time and practice.
Hope I helped. -G

i have figured out how to get the faces in it on their own layers, and rescale them ... and i changed the pics to black and white so it wont be as noticable since we're not tan... i just can't get it from there! and their bangs are hard to work around!

You don't have to change the pictures to b&w... you can adjust the faces with hue or saturation or a bit of tan makeup with the airbrush. And you don't have to include the hairs or bangs, just superimpose the faces .... fresh from the pool with brushed hair? Doesn't look right, does it?

in the pictures that im cutting the faces out of have bangs, i only know how if there is just a face. i dont need it perfect just, to work. cause later i want to photoshop the guy out and photoshop my teacher in his place...lol

omg!!!! that looks sooo good!!! mine looks horrible compared to that!!! i tried working on the other pic, and this is where i gave up at

e5gp.jpg

i found my friend with glasses was easiest... then got lost from there

how did you use the clone stamp so well! im having trouble using it! maybe it because im using a mac!

I use a mac and the clone tool one of the easiest t use alway add your cloned image to another layer so you can manipulate it . never over a solid image.....if you know what I mean

so i tried adjusting here face more, does this look better?View attachment 4023

Looks better now.

The trick with the clone stamp is not to use it on the same layer as the image. Use it on a new layer using a small soft edge brush set to airbrush and lower flow rate. And cloning should be done a click at a time, not click drag unless what you are cloning is a definite match to the area you are adding on to.

How do you work from a empty layer?
ANSWER = click the ALL layers box;)

Last edited:
Looks pretty good. Hope you don't mind having your work scrutinized so closely.;) The head of the girl on the left still catches my eye as being a bit large. Way back before digital art, when I was in art school we were being taught that an idealized adult body proportion was eight heads high. I still use this as a general guideline to human figures. That is with a viewpoint midway in the figure with a single point perspective directly behind the naval. Of course you must take into account your view point of the figure you are working with. Like a radically foreshortened figure viewed from above could wind up =ing only 3 heads. Looks good.
keep it up:) -G

P.S. Using a mac with Adobe products...well, they snuggle together like lovers. I have used a PC since the old IBM 8088s with Harvard Graphics running under DOS. LOL. A Jurassic Dinosaur!
(like me I guess):lol:

Last edited:

Back