What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scan A3 into A4

Topicel

I'm just into the third day of trialing Photoshop and have some A3 scans that I'm keen to reduce into A4 equivalents. I was told Photoshop would be able to cope, but after watching a few tutorials and playing around a bit I'm not making much progress.

Any pointers for me please? I'm assuming I need to use layers and canvas size etc. and maybe dragging across assuming I've scanned the two halves of the A3 correctly/accurately?

Many thanks.

Paul

Am I right in thinking you wish to print these scans at A4 size?

If so , just try the following first.

Click on File....New....Preset Size....Select A3...click OK.

Then go to Image....Image Size, where it says Document Size make sure mm is selected.

You will see these figures are 297.something x 420.something.

Make sure the boxes marked Constrain Proportions & Resample Image are checked .

Then highlight the figure 297 and change to 210. The resulting document size will be A4.

If you then open your A3 scanned image you can resize it just the same .You can then print this A4 as required.

Back