What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simple Outline

Smegmail

Hi,

I'm relatively new to Photoshop and have been stuck with a problem for a while. I want to draw the outline of an object and then remove the object, leaving the outline for further manipulation. I have attached the picture I have been experimenting with.

So far I've used the magic wand tool to select the background, then selected the inverse to identify the object, cut and pasted it into a new layer but can't seem to be able to get an outline round it?

Many thanks for any help.

Attachments

• 1223193546.gif
    1223193546.gif
    39.8 KB · Views: 13
The approach might be different for a different image but in this case I used the magic wand set to 10 to select the white. Reversed the selection and stroked it with black on a new layer. Turn off or delete the background.

Last edited:
I see it just fine, even in your quote iDad.

If you are looking right away after someone posts a video, sometimes you have to refresh the page for it to load. Let me know if you still can't see it.

Ultiman:

The video is good, I like it, BUT:

Can you edit and remove the music? Beside the fact I simply don't like the music, it interferes with the voice over, making it hard to understand, particularly because it is very percussive. ANY music would add little to nothing to the oral presentation.

Last edited:
it's quite easy to understand.... even if you couldn't hear the voice period, it doesn't matter, as he highlights everything you need to select in the video. It was a good tutorial.

Back