+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Power User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    291
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Oblique Rectangle...

    Hey guys,

    I have next problem and that is that i want to make a oblique rectangle just like on next image:

    Oblique Rectangle...-41785_23586201573_3799468_n.jpg

    This is what i made:

    Oblique Rectangle...-mma-logo-.jpg

    Btw:how do i get the white box invisible of the one i made????I don't understand it because i made it on a transparent layer... :s

  2. #2
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Elizabeth Port NJ
    Posts
    1,501
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 150 Times in 144 Posts

    Re: Oblique Rectangle...

    what you are looking for is this:

    1. Photoshop transform --> skew

    Adobe Photoshop CS5 * Transform freely


    2. To save a file whit transparency save it as .PNG "Most used file format that support transparency"

    Saving a File with Transparent Background | Photoshop Basics
    also
    Adobe Photoshop CS5 * Save a file in PNG format
    Cuando soy Bueno, soy muy BUENO
    Pero cuando soy malo, soy mucho MEJOR

  3. #3
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NJ & FL, USA
    Posts
    6,551
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 259 Times in 229 Posts

    Re: Oblique Rectangle...

    Yep, what $1r_M4x1mu$ said.

  4. #4
    Power User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    291
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: Oblique Rectangle...

    Quote Originally Posted by $1r_M4x1mu$ View Post
    what you are looking for is this:

    1. Photoshop transform --> skew

    Adobe Photoshop CS5 * Transform freely


    2. To save a file whit transparency save it as .PNG "Most used file format that support transparency"

    Saving a File with Transparent Background | Photoshop Basics
    also
    Adobe Photoshop CS5 * Save a file in PNG format
    Thank you very much man it worked great and here is the result:

    Oblique Rectangle...-mma-logo-.jpg

    I'm overall satisfied only except for the gradient glass effect:i chose the rectangular tool to make a rectangular but to make the corners rounded i used feather with "8 pixels" but this was the result.. :ok,the corners are rounded but i'm not satisfied of the glass effect.. :s

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    55
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Oblique Rectangle...

    your red/Black overlap is not straight/square/in-line... was this intentional?

  6. #6
    Power User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    291
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: Oblique Rectangle...

    Quote Originally Posted by smalltrees View Post
    your red/Black overlap is not straight/square/in-line... was this intentional?
    No man it was not supposed to be like that.. :s I saw it later..

  7. #7
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    right in front of you
    Posts
    11,279
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 274 Times in 269 Posts

    Re: Oblique Rectangle...

    use the transform to to angle the glass effect layer and angle it the same as rest of image
    Success is a work in progress,never stop trying.

  8. #8
    Power User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    291
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: Oblique Rectangle...

    I have another question and that is.. :now i made a good left and right side different coloured and i skewed it like i want it but what IF i want to make a diagonal different coloured sides??????

    Like on next image:

    Oblique Rectangle...-diagonal.jpg

    I didn't know how to make a diagonal side but i just used the pen tool to create it.

    So do you understand what i mean?

    So i want to make the left side white and the other side of the diagonal i want to make black?

  9. #9
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Elizabeth Port NJ
    Posts
    1,501
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 150 Times in 144 Posts

    Re: Oblique Rectangle...

    you are in the right path

    Pen Tool, Shapes & Custom shapes

    this guide will help you whit the pen tool. By the way pen tool is a powerful tool very useful.

    Photoshop Pen Tool Guide | Tutorial9

    And for the shapes overlapping, overlaying, make sure to put each shape in separate layes so you can work independently in between shapes "color,gradients, and pattern fills"

    Also a reminder on working whit layers

    Working with Layers in Photoshop | Tutorial9

    Good luck and have fun.
    Cuando soy Bueno, soy muy BUENO
    Pero cuando soy malo, soy mucho MEJOR

  10. #10
    Power User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    291
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: Oblique Rectangle...

    Quote Originally Posted by $1r_M4x1mu$ View Post
    you are in the right path

    Pen Tool, Shapes & Custom shapes

    this guide will help you whit the pen tool. By the way pen tool is a powerful tool very useful.

    Photoshop Pen Tool Guide | Tutorial9

    And for the shapes overlapping, overlaying, make sure to put each shape in separate layes so you can work independently in between shapes "color,gradients, and pattern fills"

    Also a reminder on working whit layers

    Working with Layers in Photoshop | Tutorial9

    Good luck and have fun.
    Hey man,

    Thank you very much but i have a problem and that is that one shape is bigger then the other even that i closed pixels and normally it must not be.

    Here's an image:

    Oblique Rectangle...-untitled-1.png
    You see what i mean?The white is not good.. but i have my diagonal

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.9
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2011 Photoshop Gurus Forum. All rights reserved.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:12 PM.