What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Create glowing aura/outline as example?

battyba

Hi,

I know the fx can be used to create glow but I want something like this:
jamiroquai-wallpaper.jpg

How would I go about creating that? Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

/P

Last edited by a moderator:
OK if you have a sillouette ready.... go this tutorial.... http://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum/general-photoshop-board/29656-how-do-you-create-starbursts.html

There are 2 tutorials in there.... go through the tutorials and combine both to create your layered image image behind your sillouette.... as for your sillouette, create a glow arounf it in the color by which you made the starbursts... Play around with the sunburst layers - transform it, warp it ... till you get the effect you want.

This is just one suggestion... others may have other ideas......

Of course I have an idea I always do! :) and this is the easiest way to achieve similar effect:

alice2.jpg

1) Get a silhouette you want to make glow. Preferably one that is rendered or you can render one of you know how.
2) Make sure you have enough background I used a black background on a separate layer under the silhouette.
3) Duplicate the silhoutte layer and put that layer on top. Hide it for the moment.
4) Give the original silhouette layer a nice outer glow fx. I used bight yellow here. (you can find fx by double clicking on the layer in the layers pallet)
5) Make a blank transparent layer between the black background layer and the silhouette. You can use any colors you like I used red orange and yellow here. Use a hard brush depending on size of pic (you can expirement) but I used one 5 pixels big here.just scribble a little with each color you choose on the layer directly around the silhouette. (I know this will look like silly but the next step will bring it all together)
6) On this layer go to Filter>Blur>Radial Blur Set it to Zoom Amount 89 and ok. Press Ctrl F to repeat this action.
7) Now make the top layer of the silhouette visable and just scribble a little around maybe the ears, tail some random edges with one of the colors and repeat step 6 on that layer. You are done.

Of course I have an idea I always do! :) and this is the easiest way to achieve similar effect:

alice2.jpg

1) Get a silhouette you want to make glow. Preferably one that is rendered or you can render one of you know how.
2) Make sure you have enough background I used a black background on a separate layer under the silhouette.
3) Duplicate the silhoutte layer and put that layer on top. Hide it for the moment.
4) Give the original silhouette layer a nice outer glow fx. I used bight yellow here. (you can find fx by double clicking on the layer in the layers pallet)
5) Make a blank transparent layer between the black background layer and the silhouette. You can use any colors you like I used red orange and yellow here. Use a hard brush depending on size of pic (you can expirement) but I used one 5 pixels big here.just scribble a little with each color you choose on the layer directly around the silhouette. (I know this will look like silly but the next step will bring it all together)
6) On this layer go to Filter>Blur>Radial Blur Set it to Zoom Amount 89 and ok. Press Ctrl F to repeat this action.
7) Now make the top layer of the silhouette visable and just scribble a little around maybe the ears, tail some random edges with one of the colors and repeat step 6 on that layer. You are done.

That's good.... better to have options than no options at all... good work.

Thanks I always try to find the simplest way to achieve something first then work my way up towards the more difficult tries.

Back