What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to make a text effect lik dis???????????

in the psd, play around with outer /inner glowglow settings the glow is there you just need to tweak it.

You can easily find an avatar font in google, and experiment with outer and iner glow and thats all, it's not that difficult ;)

I tooked it like challange and try to make mine :)

So far i get that (font is wrong of course, i'll find it later but effect is what matter):

In generally speaking.
One text with black outer glow for shadow.
One text with "cyan" and and Linear Dodge (Add).
Then rendered clouds with overlay and dublicated 3 times.
Then grouped clouds and group copied and one of copy merged with text.
Then painted with white brush a little.

I think it's close. But can be better.

I know the font, don't care much to search for it. Was intrested how they get lights.

One posibility that it's been painted with white on other layer with overlay.
Second that text layer been rasterize (but still with layer effects) and then painted with white over it. Or probably both for more effect.

Delete please double post?

Last edited:
You use the filter Diffuse Glow. Dont forget to remove the grain and play arround with the sliders to get the desired dream glow effect

You use the filter Diffuse Glow. Dont forget to remove the grain and play arround with the sliders to get the desired dream glow effect

And oh, you have to simpify the text layer as well, though the application will ask you if you want to do it. But if you press no, it will not work

Err Clare now your keyboard appears to be on the Fritz also, what is it - keyboards R us have a sale on or something?

Back