What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how to re create this halo ripple effect?

turtle

Hi,

created an effect by accident and because lost original file can't remember or find the effect i put on it to create this effect again. it's driving me nuts, i've clicked on every possibility and come up with nothing :neutral:

help would be most appreciated but can't imagine anyone else could find it either- it was by freak chance it happened starting to think!

have added an attachment of the file, the effect i want to re create is the ripple halo going around the puppet.

thanks- really hope to find an answer one of these days.

Attachments

• rik.jpg
    rik.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 17
I think it is a layer effect. Try outer glow, change the color from white (well, actually you have it at white, the default color), then change the gloss contour to a different shape. you could try that anyway.

I just did and this is the closest I can get (without spending a lot of time). I achieved the extra set of rings bu duplicating the layer and adjusting the glow settings.

Attachments

• girl-on-wall3.jpg
    girl-on-wall3.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Thank you! This is going to sound really stupid but worked it out minutes after posting with a photoshop tutorial on layer effect outer glow. I forgot about the pattern selection! But saved by the bell anyway both ways so thanks and now my image looks better in its new state I think :)

Really helpful forum.

Attachments

• puppets&plaster_spring.jpg
    puppets&plaster_spring.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 14
Won't let me offer a link until i've made at least 5 posts :rolleyes: so below if you can work it out :p

ehow dot com forward slash video underscore 4444739 underscore using dash outer dash glow dash photoshop dash layers dot html

Back