Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Reflective Eyes in Photoshop

Hi Hoogle

man-o-man that's awesome! Just spectacular!! I'm going thru your tutorial and will get back to you. Thanks so much for spending the time to help me. Will definitely get back to you. Hopefully by Sunday. Talk soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's flat out amazing Paul but .... how did you accomplish that? Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Eye image make a new layer then open another new layer with the new image on it, drag the new image on top of the first one (eye image) then convert to soft light (depending on your own image quality) adjust sliders to suit, the text was just a close match to the veins in the eye then did a little warping to give it more realism, adjust lighting.
    ​REMEMBER TO PUT THE LID DOWN GUYS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hoogle

You said...

>>>position the reflection how you want it in the masks palett above the layers pallet by default should be a tab that says density and feather and add a feather to the mask

Also forgot to mention.... I am using Photoshop version 7 thus there is no Mask Pallett. Therefore the feathering of the mask edges is done with brushes (like you recommended). But where or how do I utilize the "density" setting for masks in photoshop 7?
    Last edited by Aqua; 04-02-2012 at 12:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi Members,

Can anyone please tell me how to open the attachments that are on this post? Two members kindly replied with attachments. Every time I try to open these attachments an error message pops up that says,

"Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator".

What does this mean? How do I open these attachments?

Thank you kindly.
    Last edited by Aqua; 04-04-2012 at 06:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

if you are referring to the attachments from Clare and Paul looks like they have deleted there images or an error in the thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi Hoogle,

Yes you are correct in regards to the attachments I am referring to. Thanks for helping. I just wanted to be sure it wasn't an issue on this end.

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hoogle,

I am utilizing your post in regards to making a reflecting eye. It makes sense and works fine. Ibclare's post was amazing as well and she offered some great suggestions as well. I'm still confused as to what she is referring to in regards to my original question about creating a "sphere" (coloring-in the iris using the brush tool and coloring it black).

I understand there are multiple ways of doing the same thing in photoshop and perhaps your method of using the elliptical marquee tool is another way of accomplishing the same thing as coloring-in the iris to create a sphere (see my first post in this thread please).

Thank you for your time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Scrap the Sphere

That is what happens when you run the spherize filter replace the word "Sphere" with the word "circle" created with the eliptical Marquee tool

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok got it! Thanks

Maybe when I get time tomorrow, I'll upload the project I'm working on so you can have a look and tell me what I'm doing wrong. I have a band and I'm putting together a press kit/promotional kit and I am using a reflective eye as our cover sheet to the press kit. The cool thing is that there are six members in the band and I have each member being reflected in the eye.

All the pictures were basically cropped from various events individually and placed into the eye. I had to tweak each picture in regards to spherizing, hard light mode, perspective and opacity. Lots of work. I them discovered that I can get a better look if I could somehow save only the layers that contain the band members and save it as one layer. This way I can add the effects to one big band instead of six individual pictures.

Here's how I accomplished this task. After placing each of the six pictures into the eye and adding all effects (using six layers - one for each band member) and also utilizing your recommended method, I then hid the eye (background image). All that was left is the pictures of the six musicians. I then saved this as a psd file and loaded it back into the project as one picture that shows all six members. All in one new layer. I turned off (or hid) the remaining six individual layers that contained each of the six band members (no longer needed those). Now I can spherize the whole band instead of doing it one at a time for six members.

The problem I'm having is that after all is said and done, it doesn't quite look like a reflection. It still looks more like a picture of a band with six musicians inside an eye. This is even after spherize, hard light blend mode, opacity selected and perspective added.

Maybe you could have a look and tell me what I'm doing wrong. It doesn't look bad it just could use a better reflective look.

Thank you Hoogle.