What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fix spotlight for this picture

Joalpeca1

photo4z.jpg

Hi i am new in photoshop i apply all my technics that i lern but i cannot fix this picture could somebody give me hand i will appreciate

Ah, colleague, great job. I did mine quite differently but couldn't quite reduce the spotlight, so I would like to try your techniques.

ceiling.jpg

joalpeca, wither of these methods are going to be difficult for a newbie. At this point, you may want to try to do it, but I would suggest that you learn more of the BASICS first.

Also, this is a poor quality photo and there is only so much that can be done to make it better; not just the flare, but the entire picture. Sorry about that. Special techniques for photographing in such low light.

(I am starting to sound like a broken record, but it is basics, basics, basics that we all need)

Last edited:
You mention basic, basic , basic but you dont explain what kind of basic are you talking about and you are no suggesting any material for improve my basic as you mention. Plus i am good in photoshop just wanna a push and if you know what material could give this push i will appreciate for correct this picture

Hi i am new in photoshop i apply all my technics that i lern but i cannot fix this picture could somebody give me hand i will appreciate

I am only referring to your self-description. If you are new in Photoshop, then you do not have all the basics of PS knowledge and skill. If you google for introductory PS or learning PS, there are tutorials to help you learn basic techniques. You can also do a search on the forum, though usually we help more with focused issues like this one. But you could skim through tutorials.

Using Camera Raw for instance is a powerful technique for correcting photograph such as an underexposed one. Of course, there are limitations. If the pixels aren't there . . .

Don't be discouraged. Photoshop is an intense and powerful program and learning it can be intense. If you can afford to pay, lynda.com is an awesome site, kelby IDK but others recommend it. There are free sites too like psd tuts. Just look around and see what you can find. Of course, there is no way for me to know your level of novice skill, but we all keep learning! Just enjoy the process.

Back