What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disappearing Cursor in Photoshop CS5

SlapShot

Hi,
When working on a photo in CS5 Photoshop, when I move my cursor off the photo and over to the tools palette or the history, etc. palette my cursor disappears. I then have to somehow find one of the 'Mission Control' screen corners to show all open programs and click on the photo again and the cursor reappears for a while, then the same thing happens again...working on an iMac that I just updated to Mountain Lion 10.8.2. Any Ideas ??? I did multiple restarts already..

I did a search but nothing came up on this issue...

iDad

Guru
I use an iMac also with the latest updates I see the problem now and then strange and frustrating I recently upgraded to CS6 I'm not sure if I see that problem anymore

SlapShot

I use an iMac also with the latest updates I see the problem now and then strange and frustrating I recently upgraded to CS6 I'm not sure if I see that problem anymore
Thanks iDad...well put 'strange and frustrating' ...maybe CS6 is more acclimated to Mountain Lion ???

iDad

Guru
I seem to remember is seeing this problem in earlier versions but CS5 was a bit more frequent I'm not Nearncomputer right now but I'll check it out again, I can remember searching for that problem also but I found nothing. I also thought that RAM might've been the issue, perhaps too many programs open, just a thought.

rufinatti

Power User
I see that on occasion as well. What I wound up doing was installing PinPoint from the app store so that I could always find my cursor.

SafariScreenSnapz001.jpg

I don't leave it on all the time because it gets in the way; but when the cursor disappears, I just hit a keyboard shortcut and my cursor is highlighted again so I can find it.

Yes, it's aggravating.

SlapShot

I seem to remember is seeing this problem in earlier versions but CS5 was a bit more frequent I'm not Nearncomputer right now but I'll check it out again, I can remember searching for that problem also but I found nothing. I also thought that RAM might've been the issue, perhaps too many programs open, just a thought.

Good idea...I'm actually waiting for more RAM to be delivered as we speak..Closing all other programs...

SlapShot

I see that on occasion as well. What I wound up doing was installing PinPoint from the app store so that I could always find my cursor.

View attachment 27854

I don't leave it on all the time because it gets in the way; but when the cursor disappears, I just hit a keyboard shortcut and my cursor is highlighted again so I can find it.

Yes, it's aggravating.

Thanks Mr. r, I'm not familiar with that app...It's from he Apple App store ??? I'll see if I can find it !!

Steve

Retired Administrator
Make sure your video driver is up to date.

Turn off Edit|Preferences|Performance|Use Graphics Processor

Try resetting the preferences file.
It cures a lot of strange behavior in PS.

Start Photoshop and immediately hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows)
or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS X).

Then, click Yes to the message, "Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings file?"