What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I display images as in my attached examples?

endriuska

Hi,

I'm doing some website development and I have no experience working with photoshop, right now i have CSS5.1. I have multiple screenshot and I want to display them in a nicer way than a plain screenshot. The examples below are not mine, but I want to be able to do the same thing with my screenshots, but I have no idea how to do it, or at least what this type of design is called? If i knew the method name i could research it and figure it out.

1) What type of design is this? where can i find more info on it?
2) Do you know something better than this?

Thanks

1.png
2.png
4.png

This kind of effect is pretty easy to replicate.

overlap.jpgoverlap-2.jpgoverlap-3.jpg
Give me a sec and I'll write out how to do it.

Wow that's nice! I figured it's not a rocket sciene, but i dont know what's its called :) thanks!

Image 1:

Make sure you separate all of your individual images on to separate layers and make sure the top image is the very top layer (obviously).

For the other two that are behind the top image, you transform them (ctrl/cmd + T) while constraining proportions (hold shift) and make them the desired size.

You can also add a drop shadow of your liking to make the top layer pop out more. Right click on the layer, go to Blending Options and click on drop shadow. Play around with these settings and see what works.

Image 2:

Again, make sure all of the layers are in the appropriate order from top to bottom. Transform them to the sizing required (ctrl/cmd + T) and place them where desired.

I added a drop shadow on the top two using the method explained in Image 1 (You can also right click on a layer, copy the layer style and paste it on a different one to save a little work).

Finally change the opacity of the layer to whatever you'd like. In the example I used 75% and 50% respectively.

Image 3:

This was the quickest of the three. Just go to Edit - Transform - Perspective. You can pull the edge of the image up or down to change the perspective.

Then just copy and paste the layers.

Back