What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help making a text shake

ThirdDegreez

Alright guys, I make lyric signs and I can't quite figure out how to make words shake. FFor example i mean stuff like this: on the word EXECUTIONtumblr_mk2qwpXREj1rifo09o1_500.gif and stuff like that. Can u guys help? thanks!

Several differing layers of the text, rotated slightly either way for rotational effect adding motion blur to each new movement layer, then run via animation suite.
You could also add in a couple of spin/zoom effects from the filters drop down for added effect.

Here's an example Just like dv8_fx explained........

Two layers.
Screen Shot 2013-04-21 at 8.16.55 PM.png

One without a blur.
Screen Shot 2013-04-21 at 8.17.14 PM.png

One with a Radial blur. FILTER > RADIAL BLUR > AMOUNT 20 > SPIN > QUALITY BEST
Screen Shot 2013-04-21 at 8.17.34 PM.png

Time line.
Screen Shot 2013-04-21 at 8.19.16 PM.png

GIF.
ShakyText_05.gif

Good work on that, Sam ... :thumbsup:

I was doing a work project using old Image Ready last nite. Here's a CS version take.....

2 frames .... one with text effect - RADIAL Blur set at Spin , Good or Best Quality and amount at 20.

confusedlizad.gif

EVERYBODY!!........ LET DO THE SHAKE!:mrgreen:

My first one did not look right even though I used the exact same technique described by DV8. Since this is such fun, I made another one...............OCD and boredom!

This one looks more like the original and DV8's (even though it's the exact same technique as I used in the first one) where the center of the text doesn't move as much as the ends!

ShakyText_02.gif

Last edited:
You guys are looking to seizure someone I can tell!Pauls.gif antics are creeping in too haunt you:devilish:

Back